Sign in to follow this  
Guest chrut

Diffrent initial zoom settings in 2D and virtual cockpit

Guest chrut

I'm sorry in advance if this topic has been discussed before, I've tried to search but haven't found an answer. I'm simply wondering if there's a way to set an initialzoom in the 2D panel forward view and another one when looking in other directions of PMDG 744X in FSX? Normally when I zoom, I get the same level of zoom in the whole 2D panel, which makes it really hard to taxi as I want to be able to see the whole taxi ways (zoomed out) when taxiing.I've looked through both panel.cfg in the PMDG folder and the cameras.cfg in the FSX folder.I got my copy of the PMDG744X on Friday and so far I'm enjoying it.EDIT:I get the same level of zoom in the 2D view when looking forward, and when looking in other directions I want to be able to set another zoom level (so I can taxi better).

Guest chrut
I'm sorry in advance if this topic has been discussed before, I've tried to search but haven't found an answer. I'm simply wondering if there's a way to set an initialzoom in the 2D panel forward view and another one when looking in other directions of PMDG 744X in FSX? Normally when I zoom, I get the same level of zoom in the whole 2D panel, which makes it really hard to taxi as I want to be able to see the whole taxi ways (zoomed out) when taxiing.I've looked through both panel.cfg in the PMDG folder and the cameras.cfg in the FSX folder.I got my copy of the PMDG744X on Friday and so far I'm enjoying it.EDIT:I get the same level of zoom in the 2D view when looking forward, and when looking in other directions I want to be able to set another zoom level (so I can taxi better).
Does anyone know at least how to change the defualt initial zoom level in the 2D cockpit? Thanks.

2d cockpit zoom is controlled by the entry view_forward_zoom=(your desired setting) in the VIEWS section of the panel.cfg.Jim Harnes

Guest chrut
2d cockpit zoom is controlled by the entry view_forward_zoom=(your desired setting) in the VIEWS section of the panel.cfg.Jim Harnes
Alright, panel.cfg (found in Simobjects\Airplanes\PMDG747-400\panel) is now configured like so:view_forward_zoom=3Still, it doesn't work.

Hmmmmm, I've never had it not work. Perhaps someone will chime in here.Jim Harnes

Guest chrut
Hmmmmm, I've never had it not work. Perhaps someone will chime in here.Jim Harnes
Can it perhaps have something do to with cameras.cfg?

Towards the end of aircraft.cfg there is a section marked views and set up from reference point. I should imagine altering this would affect the view position in the cockpit. Make sure you make a backup though before altering so you have something to go back to if it doesn't work. From what I see one is the viewpoint and one is the positon.John Ellison

Regarding setting the default zoom...I don't use the config files for this, but I do setup the zoom level, along with a bunch of undocked subpanels, and save the flight. When I load the saved flight the next session, the zoom level is saved as well. I'm using TH2go, and use 0.90 for the outside view zoom level.Each of the airplanes I fly have saved flights. I always load them, rather than start from scratch, and then modify the weather, airport, time, etc. from there. Mostly this is to avoid having to relocate all of the various panels (I use multiple monitors), but it also saves me from having to reset the zoom as well.Noel WBrisbane

Noel Wiebracht

--------------------

i7-2600K@4.8||Gigabyte P67A-UD7||8 Gb Mushkin Redline DDR3 1600||Gigabyte GTX580 x 2||Noctua NH-D14||Crucial SATAIII 256Gb x 2||CoolerMaster Silent Pro Gold 1200W||Coolermaster RC-942 HAF X||Dell U3011 30"|Multiple Monitors w/TH2goD-DH2goD-Touchscreens||Win7 64 Pro||FSX Gold

Guest chrut
Towards the end of aircraft.cfg there is a section marked views and set up from reference point. I should imagine altering this would affect the view position in the cockpit. Make sure you make a backup though before altering so you have something to go back to if it doesn't work. From what I see one is the viewpoint and one is the positon.John Ellison
Yeah, I see it now... but what should I change or add?

Guest chrut

I changed the Wideviewaspect to "False", even though I have a widescreen TV connected to my PC. This way the zoom setting is set to my liking, better than when Wideviewaspect was set to "True". Still, if someone have a clue to how the default initalzoom settings can be changed, don't be scared to post!Cheers!