Sign in to follow this  
Guest PPSFA

My newest bestest plane... CS 727

Guest PPSFA

Let me say right up front that I am not a fan of CS's attitude and support, so I got the 727 with the expectation that I was on my own with it. I also like 2D cockpits and this doesnt have one, but after seeing the VC in this, I had to give it a shot anyway. All I can say is WOW !!!!The only 'bug' I have found so far is the GS, and that may be just me not getting along with the old school AP, but its east enough to hand fly the approach. I am an old school pilot, we didnt have GPS, FMC's, glass cockpits, etc when I learned to fly in 1970. This plane is that era and I have to say I love it. If you want a plane that's a 'pilots plane', with outstanding visuals and eyecandy, this is one you dont' want to pass up. Yup, its expensive, but after flying it, I would have paid twice as much!

Guest jaskanFactor
Let me say right up front that I am not a fan of CS's attitude and support, so I got the 727 with the expectation that I was on my own with it. I also like 2D cockpits and this doesnt have one, but after seeing the VC in this, I had to give it a shot anyway. All I can say is WOW !!!!The only 'bug' I have found so far is the GS, and that may be just me not getting along with the old school AP, but its east enough to hand fly the approach. I am an old school pilot, we didnt have GPS, FMC's, glass cockpits, etc when I learned to fly in 1970. This plane is that era and I have to say I love it. If you want a plane that's a 'pilots plane', with outstanding visuals and eyecandy, this is one you dont' want to pass up. Yup, its expensive, but after flying it, I would have paid twice as much!
Pilots days are numbered, UAV's can now follow ILS.

True, but I'd like to see a UAV hand crank the nose gear down :( Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

The videos on CS website really look amazing.What is the exact issue with the GS Jay?I really enjoyed Dreamfleet's 727 for FS9 and I'd love to fly this old lady again.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Guest PPSFA
The videos on CS website really look amazing.What is the exact issue with the GS Jay?I really enjoyed Dreamfleet's 727 for FS9 and I'd love to fly this old lady again.
Dave, the issue is that no matter what I do, I can't get the GS to lock to the AP, as soon as I engage it the plane dives. Others do and don't have the problem, and I've tried the various 'fixes' users have posted, all but one. I noticed today that the 2D AP and the VC AP are a bit different, so the next flight I am going to try it from the VC. It's really no bid deal, as the plane handles nice and hand flying the approach is fine. As a matter of fact, I'm kinda glad it's like this, I've gotten lazy with 'glass' planes and let the AP fly the approach, and I needed the practice.I have planes from all the major players and the 727 has a cockpit that has to be seen and flown to be belived. 4 of the guys I fly with in multiplayer now have it, and none of us want to get out of it. The one thing we all did was mipmap it, and now the exterior looks extraordinary.

Dave, the issue is that no matter what I do, I can't get the GS to lock to the AP, as soon as I engage it the plane dives. Others do and don't have the problem, and I've tried the various 'fixes' users have posted, all but one. I noticed today that the 2D AP and the VC AP are a bit different, so the next flight I am going to try it from the VC. It's really no bid deal, as the plane handles nice and hand flying the approach is fine. As a matter of fact, I'm kinda glad it's like this, I've gotten lazy with 'glass' planes and let the AP fly the approach, and I needed the practice.I have planes from all the major players and the 727 has a cockpit that has to be seen and flown to be belived. 4 of the guys I fly with in multiplayer now have it, and none of us want to get out of it. The one thing we all did was mipmap it, and now the exterior looks extraordinary.
Glad to see the good review. I've been satistfied with my CS addons and would love to pick up the 727 but the cost is way over my budget. My guess is that the poor economy is hurting payware sales. I've gotten email notice of several sales lately from different developers. Maybe CS will join the parade.

Guest Boeing Skunk Works

This fact isn't generally known unless you have the POH, but the Sperry SP-50 AP will intercept the GS from above in Auto GS mode on the AP. In any position relative to the GS, upon interception, the AP will immediately start a 700fpm descent and then level off, and then start a slower descent into the GS and follow it from there. The initial descent rate can be rather abrupt and can startle you until you get used to this 30-40 year old technology.During flight, trim out the aircraft before engaging the AP. If the aircraft is not trimmed properly before engagement, (if you were holding the yoke back during the climb, etc,) it will revert to the prior elevator position after releasing the AP, or when GS capture occurs in any mode. This is how the real aircraft behaves.

This fact isn't generally known unless you have the POH, but the Sperry SP-50 AP will intercept the GS from above in Auto GS mode on the AP. In any position relative to the GS, upon interception, the AP will immediately start a 700fpm descent and then level off, and then start a slower descent into the GS and follow it from there. The initial descent rate can be rather abrupt and can startle you until you get used to this 30-40 year old technology.During flight, trim out the aircraft before engaging the AP. If the aircraft is not trimmed properly before engagement, (if you were holding the yoke back during the climb, etc,) it will revert to the prior elevator position after releasing the AP, or when GS capture occurs in any mode. This is how the real aircraft behaves.
Yes, that's definitely right.-------------Jay, thanks for your answer and comments.I think I will purchase the 727.A lot of knowledge, talent and love seems to be involved here and I can easily understand your keen interest for this addon.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Guest PPSFA
Tks for that, but I cant get it to intercept from above, below, or dead on. No matter what I try the plane dives, and dives hard, and never levels or locks the GS. Trim isnt the problem, as I am hand flying under 10K and the plane is configured for landing prior to the OM. Someone at CS forums mentioned only going to 'Auto GS' once you are exactly on the GS, but it still does the same thing. I am going to try later with the VC AP instead of the 2D AP and see it that makes a difference. Either way, its not a show stopper for me, it's the only plane I've flown since I got it. I came very close to flying for Eastern way back when Lorenzo was in the process of killing it, so now I can really thumb my nose at him :( A friend of mine actually has the POH for the 727 and he's sending it so I have a reference soon.Tks for the info.

Guest 413X3

the problems I have heard are incorrectly modeled 2nd engine intake on the -200, and a few panels not designed accurately to their systems. The only thing keeping me back is the price. It was either spend a lot on Ariane if they got their act together with the NG, or this. Looks like I will eventually buy this

The only thing keeping me back is the price.
Me too same condition if you buy the 727X for 60

Guest Thaellar

Same here. I really, really want this addon, but don't want to pay a hundred bucks. C'mon CS, how about a Pro Pack complete with 200 and freighter for $60-$80? The volume would more than make up for the price drop. :( Thaellar

Same here. I really, really want this addon, but don't want to pay a hundred bucks. C'mon CS, how about a Pro Pack complete with 200 and freighter for $60-$80? The volume would more than make up for the price drop. :( Thaellar
CS must realize that they have a seriious credibility problem in the FS communnity over real or percieved support issues. You'd think they could begin to address it with some more realistic pricing. They don't even give a discount to owners of the FS9 727.

Guest PPSFA
CS must realize that they have a seriious credibility problem in the FS communnity over real or percieved support issues. You'd think they could begin to address it with some more realistic pricing. They don't even give a discount to owners of the FS9 727.
If you are a fan of the turbojet era, you really dont need the frieghter or 200 options, the 100 is plenty, and it lowers the price. Having said that, I have spent a lot of money on other expensive addons, and after flying this, they are going to get a lot of hanger time, and that includes the MD11, 757, CJ, Mustang, MD80, and too many others to mention.I doubt we ever see lower prices again, so it's just a matter of what you are willing to spend on your hobby. The trend is up and not just from CS. I look at it this way, my boat and plane require addons too, and FS addons are cheap by comparison :(

Guest Thaellar
If you are a fan of the turbojet era .....the 100 is plenty .... and after flying this, they are going to get a lot of hanger time, and that includes the MD11, 757, CJ, Mustang, MD80, and too many others to mention.
I wish you hadn't said that. Now it will be harder to keep giving my credit card the smackdown. :( cheers,Thaellar