Sign in to follow this  

Dear Hifi Simulation & All!I've never thought that I have to use this forum but I'm out of ideas now and I'm now unable to use my great ASX Bundle.My problem is, that when I'm using my ASX (Build 1169 - SP4) I get that high winds that my smaller aircraft makes "S"-turns and is unable to fly straight ahead (later I get "aircraft overstressed" message) and when I'm flying with my PMDG747 Cargo my aircraft is not able to hold its cruising speed due to the every time changing wind and gets finally stall. I thought that my settings are maybe too "hard" but not, look!Automatic Weather Downloads, Enable VATSIM Downloads, Force High Priority Processes all checkedDynamic Rate of Change: 25% (Hifi recommended 50%)Wake Turbulence Strength: 25% (or sometimes 0)Maximum Wind Turbulence: 25% (or sometimes 0)Maximum Wind Shear: 25% (or sometimes 0)Enable Wind Data Smoothing checkedI just can't imagine what would happen if I would set all above to 100% (100% should be like in the real life - I think)I have an FSUPIC but not registred therefore I'm not able to use it's wind smoothing but I hope I don't have to buy this only to use my ASX.Secondly I simply do not understand wind directional limit (left: 0, right: 359). What do they mean? What does clockwise in that settings mean? I understand the word itself, but I simply do not understand the way to set this setting. Could this be the problem?Thanks to all and greetings from Hungary!

Hi,A few suggestions:Dynamic Rate of Change set to zero.Create Virtual Stations On.Enhance Route Coverage On.Process a flight plan in ASX.Turn Wind Data Smoothing and Wind Shift Stabilization Off.Apply these settings and then try some flights.Please report back.Thanks,

Rgr, I will try this settings during the whole week. I wonder why you recommend me to turn off wind smoothing but I will turn it off.Could you explane me the wind directional limit setting please?

Hi,I had to go to the ASX manual:Enable Wind Data Smoothing: Check this box to force winds within 30 degrees of departure (if using flight plan) or first local winds. The directional limits can be altered using the text boxes on the main ASX screen (top).So the numbers can be used to set the shift limits and the direction of the shifts eg. clockwise.I will be interested in your results.Thanks,

Thanks for the info.Everything seems to be fine until now. I flow around 15 hours since weekend with a smaller airplane. I set quite high turbulences (70% turbulences and wind shear) my airplane is shaking sometimes but it is absolutely able to hold it's speed and direction. I changed only one thing after 2 days testing: I set 50% dynamic rate of change I hope it's not a problem. I made this because at 0% I realised that I have the same wind since I'm airborne which is definitely not real. By the way: why did you recommend me to switch OFF wind smoothing?I will test my 747F on Friday with a 2 x 13 hour trip and will let you know about my result.

Hi,1. The data will then be accurate.2. It matches up with my settings which work for me!Thanks,

Hi JSkorna!I made the test during weekend but I must say, I made a mistake. I didn't completely follow your advises and set "50% dynamic rate". After airborne at around FL300 I got too high turbulences again, my aircraft was nearly out of control and got nearly stall. ASX shutdown, FSX freeze for minutes, clear weather, stabilized aircraft, ASX restart, settings completely like you recommended and see: everything was absolutely fine during the rest of my 2 x 14,5 hour trip. I set turbulences, wind shear: my aircraft was shaking a bit but it was flying completley like it should, like my smaller aircraft. There are only some more questions from my side:- Could it really be, that despite the fact that I was creating a flightplan the 50% dynamic rate (instead of 0) nearly ruined my flight?- You said that after creating a flightplan the data will be accurate. What would happen if I would set "smooth wind"? Nothing or would it be "more" smoothed? :)- what should I set for cruise level if I'm executing stepclimb? First step, or last step or avarage FL? I'm now making new flightplans after or before all steps.

Hi,1. It's not the flightplan, but some changes are too fast for some systems at 50%.2. With Smooth Winds On, AS manipulates the data differences to smooth things out. But then the data does not match the real time data.3. Last step, because that is where you will be flying most of your flight.Thanks!