Sign in to follow this  
thetford569

Help - Tile Proxy Hangs FSX

I just installed TP Beta 8 for the first time. I've never used TP before so this is a new install. As soon as I load up FSX it begins preloading tiles like it should. Then however when I change the airport for departure TP stops and says user aircraft changed location and then never does anything again. When I try to click Go Fly in FSX the program then hangs and does nothing. I also tried setting up the airport first and then starting Tile Proxy but then it hangs FSX when I try to click Go Fly again. Any suggestions?Brandon

I just installed TP Beta 8 for the first time. I've never used TP before so this is a new install. As soon as I load up FSX it begins preloading tiles like it should. Then however when I change the airport for departure TP stops and says user aircraft changed location and then never does anything again. When I try to click Go Fly in FSX the program then hangs and does nothing. I also tried setting up the airport first and then starting Tile Proxy but then it hangs FSX when I try to click Go Fly again. Any suggestions?Brandon
Brandon,It's difficult to say with so little information.What airport?Is that location your default flight? (if not, make it so, temporarily at least)Are the preloaded tiles from previous attemps good jpg's?What levels of scenery are available online for this location?Is the ProxyUser.ini file set to use up to that level (or something less - not a bad idea for the first flight)What are your FSX settings - you can save the settings and post here along with your ProxyUser.ini - that way we can duplicate your flight, your location, and your settings and be able to tell you what you should expect.You can also start the flight without Tileproxy; when FSX is completely loaded and ready (save the flight); start Tileproxy and watch the loading of tiles... see if it hangs there or loads completely. If it loads, try doing a scenery refresh at this point; this should bring the tile images into the sim - it does for me. Also, if Tileproxy seems to be doing nothing (a) monitor the cpu action with the windows task manager (:( Press the ESC key once in FSX; don't select 'continue flying' or 'quit' - just wait there a minute or so; sometime TP is just slow getting starting.Check back if you still need help.Loyd

This is a new install so the default is still Friday Harbor but I switched the flight to Seattle. I've also just done Ft. Worth Alliance (KAFW) since that's my home and still have the same issue. I have not actually changed the default flight yet. This time I made sure to let it preload tiles until it said "done". Again when I tried to load the flight FSX locks up. I also tried to reload the scenery library but when I clicked on the button to get there FSX also hangs at that point. I am only running at 1 meter resolution and I know that is available for these areas. TP itself seems to be working fine and is fetching and loading tiles. It's FSX that locks up when I try to load the flight. Attached is my config file which is my default plus the settings that TP changed. I do have UTX, GEX, and other addons installed.Brandon

Brandon,It's difficult to say with so little information.What airport?Is that location your default flight? (if not, make it so, temporarily at least)Are the preloaded tiles from previous attemps good jpg's?What levels of scenery are available online for this location?Is the ProxyUser.ini file set to use up to that level (or something less - not a bad idea for the first flight)What are your FSX settings - you can save the settings and post here along with your ProxyUser.ini - that way we can duplicate your flight, your location, and your settings and be able to tell you what you should expect.You can also start the flight without Tileproxy; when FSX is completely loaded and ready (save the flight); start Tileproxy and watch the loading of tiles... see if it hangs there or loads completely. If it loads, try doing a scenery refresh at this point; this should bring the tile images into the sim - it does for me. Also, if Tileproxy seems to be doing nothing (a) monitor the cpu action with the windows task manager (:( Press the ESC key once in FSX; don't select 'continue flying' or 'quit' - just wait there a minute or so; sometime TP is just slow getting starting.Check back if you still need help.Loyd

This is a new install so the default is still Friday Harbor but I switched the flight to Seattle. I've also just done Ft. Worth Alliance (KAFW) since that's my home and still have the same issue. I have not actually changed the default flight yet. This time I made sure to let it preload tiles until it said "done". Again when I tried to load the flight FSX locks up. I also tried to reload the scenery library but when I clicked on the button to get there FSX also hangs at that point. I am only running at 1 meter resolution and I know that is available for these areas. TP itself seems to be working fine and is fetching and loading tiles. It's FSX that locks up when I try to load the flight. Attached is my config file which is my default plus the settings that TP changed. I do have UTX, GEX, and other addons installed.Brandon
I don't see much amiss in your config... just a few suggestionsYou might try loading the first time with LESS than the max scenery range (You can change the LOD_RADIUS=4.500000 manually in the fsx.cfg before you start the sim. I'd try 3.5I personally don't think the FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=1.33 did that much for me; it may depend on the system and many other variables but I set mine back to the 40-60 range.you also have the preload DISABLED in the sim: DisablePreload=1. This can be DisablePreload=0 since you want it to preload.You didn't send the proxyuser.ini so I'll just relay a collection of settings that I expect to see for 1m imagerymax_lod=15preload_min_lod=8preload_max_lod=15max_contexts=512 #( usually )cache_bytes_limit=1000000000 #(1 G)cache_tiles_limit=0min_level=10 # these lines always 2 higher than the min/max at the topmax_level=17# ___________10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17__guidelevel_mapping=10,10,12,13,14,15,16,17map_version=277 (service 1)Keep at it; it'll come together soon...Loyd

ok, I tried your suggestions with the same result. I might not have been clear initially. When I say FSX hangs I mean it hangs inside the GUI. It doesn't even try to load a flight. The spinning aircraft in the selection screen just stops spinning and FSX hangs up. I also can not do anything else on the computer and I have to reset it using the reset button. Maybe this new Beta 8 of TP is not playing nice with my machine but I have not used any other version before this so I don't know.Brandon

Guest cbuchner1
ok, I tried your suggestions with the same result. I might not have been clear initially. When I say FSX hangs I mean it hangs inside the GUI. It doesn't even try to load a flight. The spinning aircraft in the selection screen just stops spinning and FSX hangs up. I also can not do anything else on the computer and I have to reset it using the reset button. Maybe this new Beta 8 of TP is not playing nice with my machine but I have not used any other version before this so I don't know.Brandon
Just a guess, try setting enable_hooking in proxyuser.ini to FALSE.Christian

Just a guess, try setting enable_hooking in proxyuser.ini to FALSE.Christian
Tried changing that setting and it still does not work. This is really bumming me out. I really want to use Tile Proxy as I finally have a machine that should run it well.Brandon

Tried changing that setting and it still does not work. This is really bumming me out. I really want to use Tile Proxy as I finally have a machine that should run it well.Brandon
Have you tried starting FSX FIRST and completely before starting Tileproxy?Do you want to post your proxyuser.ini so we can take a look at it?Are you still switching your location from the load flight window or trying to load the default location?Have you looked at your scenery.cfg to make sure the Tileproxy entries are there?I understood you to say that Tileproxy IS loading imagery into the cache; are there entries in the appropriate Tileproxy world scenery folder for the area - there should be scads of .FLAT and .BMP files with current dates on them; Seattle and Friday Harbor will be in the 0101\Texture folderLoyd

Have you tried starting FSX FIRST and completely before starting Tileproxy?Do you want to post your proxyuser.ini so we can take a look at it?Are you still switching your location from the load flight window or trying to load the default location?Have you looked at your scenery.cfg to make sure the Tileproxy entries are there?I understood you to say that Tileproxy IS loading imagery into the cache; are there entries in the appropriate Tileproxy world scenery folder for the area - there should be scads of .FLAT and .BMP files with current dates on them; Seattle and Friday Harbor will be in the 0101\Texture folderLoyd
I have tried starting FSX first but I have not loaded the flight completely where you are sitting in the airplane. Is that what you mean? I've only started it and set up my departure airport, aircraft, and weather and then started Tile Proxy.I have posted my proxyuser.ini in this post.I was switching my location from the default however I have now set up a new default flight.The TP entries are in my scenery.cfgAnd, there are .flat and .bmp files in the folder you mentioned. Tile Proxy does seem to be loading tiles effectively.Brandon

Guest u66888
I have tried starting FSX first but I have not loaded the flight completely where you are sitting in the airplane. Is that what you mean? I've only started it and set up my departure airport, aircraft, and weather and then started Tile Proxy.I have posted my proxyuser.ini in this post.I was switching my location from the default however I have now set up a new default flight.The TP entries are in my scenery.cfgAnd, there are .flat and .bmp files in the folder you mentioned. Tile Proxy does seem to be loading tiles effectively.Brandon
Hi BrandonHave you ever load a flight until the end in this instalation of FSX before installing TP ?Try to load a flight until the end without starting TP. I know you won't see a nice scenery, but by this way we'll know if your FSX is OK withuot TP loaded.It might also helps if you post a PrintScreen of your TP console just after you started it.Paulo

oh yes I've been flying FSX fine without Tile Proxy and using GEX and Ultimate Terrain USA. I have not had time today to try anything else and probably won't until tomorrow so I will experiment some more and try to post a screen capture tomorrow. Thanks everyone for their help.Brandon

oh yes I've been flying FSX fine without Tile Proxy and using GEX and Ultimate Terrain USA. I have not had time today to try anything else and probably won't until tomorrow so I will experiment some more and try to post a screen capture tomorrow. Thanks everyone for their help.Brandon
Brandonnoticing in your user.ini for service3max_lod=15preload_min_lod=8preload_max_lod=15..min_level=5 ??max_level=19 ??--------------------------min_level should be 10 (any lower is probably wasted)max_level should be 17 to match the max_lod of 15 at the top (1m res)Loyd

Guest rmk80
I had the same issue, solved it by disabling my anti-virus software (ESET).

I had the same issue, solved it by disabling my anti-virus software (ESET).
Thanks so much! I have NOD32 as well and that solved the problem. Awesome!Brandon

Guest cbuchner1
Thanks so much! I have NOD32 as well and that solved the problem. Awesome!Brandon
it's all in my terrible manual, guys ;-)