Sign in to follow this  
Canuck55

r4dFSXu1.zip problem

Sir,Today I purchased the download version of the MAAM DC3, it installed fine into FS2004. I then downloaded your r4dFSXu1.zip file to convert it to FSX compatability. I followed the readme instructions to the letter (I'm not a newbie btw). When I tried to run te r4dFSXu1.exe file, nothing happened. In fact when I scanned the file my virus checker reports spyware, notably W32/Eshoper.BI am running FSX on Vista 64 with admin rights, the sim is e:\FSX as opposed to the usual. Could this be why the patch does not work? I have tried running the exe from within its zip, expanded outside its zip both from ddesktop and within FSX and it doesn't want to run. I hhave also downloaded the file 3 times to ensure that it was a complete file.Suggestions please.EDIT :- I found a solution which works for me, I created a bare bones FSX directory on a networked PC which runs XP32 bit and a different virus checker. I dragged the FS2004 files across to the fake FSX directory on the nw PC also the fsx update zip file, ran the exe file and it updated the fake FSX directory. I then dragged the new files across to the main PC overwriting as it pleases. Works for me but does not address the spyware issue nor the possibile incompatability with Vista 64.

Sir,Today I purchased the download version of the MAAM DC3, it installed fine into FS2004. I then downloaded your r4dFSXu1.zip file to convert it to FSX compatability. I followed the readme instructions to the letter (I'm not a newbie btw). When I tried to run te r4dFSXu1.exe file, nothing happened. In fact when I scanned the file my virus checker reports spyware, notably W32/Eshoper.BI am running FSX on Vista 64 with admin rights, the sim is e:\FSX as opposed to the usual. Could this be why the patch does not work? I have tried running the exe from within its zip, expanded outside its zip both from ddesktop and within FSX and it doesn't want to run. I hhave also downloaded the file 3 times to ensure that it was a complete file.Suggestions please.EDIT :- I found a solution which works for me, I created a bare bones FSX directory on a networked PC which runs XP32 bit and a different virus checker. I dragged the FS2004 files across to the fake FSX directory on the nw PC also the fsx update zip file, ran the exe file and it updated the fake FSX directory. I then dragged the new files across to the main PC overwriting as it pleases. Works for me but does not address the spyware issue nor the possibile incompatability with Vista 64.
Hi Canuck55 (being friendly folks, we like to use actual names)What virus checker gave you this indication? I ask because there have been occasional false positives reported with various freeware or shareware programs, but never with mainstream ones for any of our products. All MAAM-SIM files have been checked using Symantic's Norton Anti-virus, thoroughly tested by our beta team, all of whom run their own checkers, and if they pass through the Avsim Library, as do most of our Free Stuff downloads, checked yet again by the Avsim library managers. So toss out your anti-virus program, or at least cross-check with a reputable one before worrying (or reporting) spyware, malware or a virus, please.As for Vista 64 bit, I afraid there is no way we can test, let alone build for a fringe OS platform that none of us use and that a very small segment of users have. I'm glad you found a work-around.Cheers, Bill

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Bill I have no doubt that there is no spyware within your fine MAAM product, I was just bringing the matter to your attention in the event someone else gets a similar report. My virus checker is F-Secure Anti-virus which is supplied by my ISP, Shaw Internet up here in the great white north (CYVR). I know that it is a reputable checker. I think the problems stem primarily from Vista64, but I would take issue that it is a fringe OS, that comment had me baffled. I am enjoying the DC3 and its variants immensely btw and am contemplating joining the VA of DC3 airways yo expand that enjoyment. All the best.