Sign in to follow this  
Randall

Any way to add sounds?

Is there a simple way to add sounds to FSX? I'm not looking for anything elaborate. I'd just like to have the parking brake make a sound when I use it and maybe a handful of other things.Thanks.

After a further look, this isnt what I'm wanting. I dont want to add sounds to scenery. I want to add sounds that are often missing even from payware planes. One of these is the parking brake which makes no sound when enaged/disengaged. Basically, I want to link a sound file to a button or keypress.Any ideas?

Guest napamule

Boing, ping, rattle. I guess it would be fun to 'Pimp Your Plane'. Complete with 'Tiger Meet' stripped tiger paint. Little LCD lights every where. Sequential stobe lights that cycle depending on RPM. Low rider tires. Pin stripes? Boom box with 16 in subs (500 Watts each) in cargo? Hydrolics? Cha-ching, cha-ching,..... . :( You must drive an MG type sports car with the ratchet type parking brake. Trouble is, the aircraft parking brake switch is just that. An ELECTRONIC switch, and they don't make any noise (other than 'zzaaaaap' and 'ziiittth' plus smoke when there is a short). But I guess it IS an interesting idea. I have nothing.Chuck BNapamule

Boing, ping, rattle. I guess it would be fun to 'Pimp Your Plane'. Complete with 'Tiger Meet' stripped tiger paint. Little LCD lights every where. Sequential stobe lights that cycle depending on RPM. Low rider tires. Pin stripes? Boom box with 16 in subs (500 Watts each) in cargo? Hydrolics? Cha-ching, cha-ching,..... . :( You must drive an MG type sports car with the ratchet type parking brake. Trouble is, the aircraft parking brake switch is just that. An ELECTRONIC switch, and they don't make any noise (other than 'zzaaaaap' and 'ziiittth' plus smoke when there is a short). But I guess it IS an interesting idea. I have nothing.Chuck BNapamule
Geez Chuck, to each their own?? If you "have nothing" (to add), you're own words, why did you even bother to post here, other than to further you're obviously starved ego by beliltting the OP? :( Randall, I'm not sure exactly what you sort of sound you desire, but you might want to take a look into PmSounds , freeware from Project Magenta, or you might consider the payware FS Flightkeeper by Thomas Molitor, which can assign sounds to specific events, as well. There might be other options, too?? Hope it helps.

Regards, Kendall

Geez Chuck, to each their own?? If you "have nothing" (to add), you're own words, why did you even bother to post here, other than to further you're obviously starved ego by beliltting the OP? :( Randall, I'm not sure exactly what you sort of sound you desire, but you might want to take a look into PmSounds , freeware from Project Magenta, or you might consider the payware FS Flightkeeper by Thomas Molitor, which can assign sounds to specific events, as well. There might be other options, too?? Hope it helps.
Thanks for the links.