Sign in to follow this  
Guest mgmaniac

pmdg 737-800 spd rest problem

Guest mgmaniac

Hi I`ve been flying the PMDG 737 600 for a while now and thought i`d give the 800/900 Ng`s a try.Downloaded them a few days ago but i`ve found i`m stalling and falling out of the sky soon after take off. Even though i`m sure i`ve programmed the FMC correctly. My speed tape shows red boxes throughout the speed scale and for some strange reason the SPD/REST shows zero in my FMC on my initial climb. I`ve googled this problem and found others to have had the same trouble with the 800/900 but i couldn`t find a solution.i`m taking off with a flap 5 setting and I`m sure i have all my FMC and MCP settings correct. Any help ???????????????

Hi I`ve been flying the PMDG 737 600 for a while now and thought i`d give the 800/900 Ng`s a try.Downloaded them a few days ago but i`ve found i`m stalling and falling out of the sky soon after take off. Even though i`m sure i`ve programmed the FMC correctly. My speed tape shows red boxes throughout the speed scale and for some strange reason the SPD/REST shows zero in my FMC on my initial climb. I`ve googled this problem and found others to have had the same trouble with the 800/900 but i couldn`t find a solution.i`m taking off with a flap 5 setting and I`m sure i have all my FMC and MCP settings correct. Any help ???????????????
Doesn't sound like the auto throttle is engaged. Could you provide a screen shot?

Guest mgmaniac

hi I have the auto throttle on and use ToGa to set N1. After takeoff i`m engaging LNAV and VNAV. My speed tape then turns red - SPD REST goes to zero knots and i start to stall. I`ve come across another post on the forums that also discuss this problem and it suggests i remove all my PMDG files and re-install them.The post is here http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtop...hl=737+airspeed Sorry to sound a bit dumb but if i remove all my pmdg files how do i re-install them?? And will this actually solve the problem??

hi I have the auto throttle on and use ToGa to set N1. After takeoff i`m engaging LNAV and VNAV. My speed tape then turns red - SPD REST goes to zero knots and i start to stall. I`ve come across another post on the forums that also discuss this problem and it suggests i remove all my PMDG files and re-install them.The post is here http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtop...hl=737+airspeed Sorry to sound a bit dumb but if i remove all my pmdg files how do i re-install them?? And will this actually solve the problem??
Paul wasn't referring to uninstalling the installation files, just ensuring that all of the PMDG files are removed from the FS directory. :( Before you uninstall/reinstall, sounds like there is some corruption somewhere. Are you starting with a custom startup rather than the default?

Guest mgmaniac

ok I`ve been loading the flightplan into the FS9 start page ( Dept. Gate, weather etc) and then loading the game using the default cessna - closing down the cessna engines and then swapping the plane to the PMDG 800NG. so as to enable a cold and dark cockpit. The only way i know how to begin in cold and dark. I tried it again tonight and notice as soon as i set the flaps to 5 the SPD REST turns from 250/10000 to 0 FLAPS. Speed on the PFD goes to zero as soon as autopilot is engaged. I`d add a few pics but i don`t know how to do it sorry

737 speed restriction problem with red bricks in the wrong place on the speed tape is a guage.ini (or cfg) problem. It comes up every couple months here. The various speed restrictions for configuration are supposed to be in this file and if missing or corrupt this is the problem you see. Deleting all pmdg files before reinstalling should help, there is a 737 removal tool available at the pmdg website.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest mgmaniac

ok cheers for the reply. I can only find a removal tool for the 737 800/900 though. Will running this do the job or do i need to remove the 600/700 aswell?

I don't know... the goal is to update the guages.ini file... did you check if there is a repair option in the installer? I'm not at my own workstation where I can check these things.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest mgmaniac

Yes i`ve run the repair option for both the 600/700 and 800/900NG and it`s made no difference.

Okay, check file 737guages.ini and see if it has the following section:

[PFD]VLE=270.0FlapPositions=9// Default Values (for 700 too)VMaxFlaps=340.0, 250.0, 250.0, 250.0, 210.0, 195.0, 170.0, 165.0, 156.0//Specific values for -600VMaxFlaps_600=340.0, 250.0, 250.0, 250.0, 210.0, 185.0, 175.0, 160.0, 155.0//Specific values for -700VMaxFlaps_700=340.0, 250.0, 250.0, 250.0, 210.0, 195.0, 170.0, 165.0, 156.0

This is the data used for flap speed restrictions. Hope it helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest mgmaniac

yep this is a copy & Paste of mine [PFD]VLE=270.0FlapPositions=9// Default Values (for 700 too)VMaxFlaps=340.0, 250.0, 250.0, 250.0, 210.0, 195.0, 170.0, 165.0, 156.0//Specific values for -600VMaxFlaps_600=340.0, 250.0, 250.0, 250.0, 210.0, 185.0, 175.0, 160.0, 155.0//Specific values for -700VMaxFlaps_700=340.0, 250.0, 250.0, 250.0, 210.0, 195.0, 170.0, 165.0, 156.0Identical. Tonight i ran the removal tool and that didn`t help so i completely removed FS9 from my system. Deleted all the files in programme files/microsoft games and started all over again from scratch and it`s still doing it! i don`t know what else i can do

Yipes... that was pretty drastic. If you are using Vista, make sure that the pmdg folders and subfolders have admin rights assigned when doing install. Next, send email to support at pmdg and explain the problem. If we have ruled out the guage file then it is something that I haven't seen in the forum yet (that alone is not big news tho.. sorry). Make sure you get an automated response from support. No response = they didn't get your message (some have to use gmail depending on isp). Frustrated? Hang in there.. we are amatures in the forum, time for the expert.PS Please post the fix once you find it. Thanks.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest mgmaniac

Ok thanks for your replies anyway. I`m using windows XP. I`m going to try a few things before i E-mail PMDG.I wanna see if this is happening to the 600/700 aswell or just the 800 and will also load up the aircraft without starting in cold and dark cos i`m sure this problem only started after i started loading up this aircraft in this way. I`ll keep you posted as to what the problem was --- assuming i ever find out.Also can you tell me what the `` A `` is next to the speed on the MCP.I have 166knots set on the MCP speed for takeoff which is V2+10 knots. When i engage autopilot after takeoff the speed on the PFD shows zero and i get an `` A`` next to my speed on the MCP.Also i`ve noticed sometimes i get an `A` after an altitude setting in the FMC when i havn`t set my altitudes in the FMC yet. What does the ` A` stand for??Cheers

AOM pg 7-16: The A character means it thinks commanded speed cannot be reached, most likely due to original problem you are having the speed restrictions. I recommend you email support.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest mgmaniac

ok Update: It makes no difference how i load the 800/900 aircraft i still get the same problem.The 600/700 series however seems fine and flies without a problem. Upon selecting flaps the SPD REST shows the correct and relevant speeds -- Unlike the 800/900. I`ve noticed that the Guages.ini file that we looked into only refers to the 600/700 and i can see no reference in that file to the 800/900 which leads me to believe that there is a seperate guages.ini file for the 800/900 though i can`t find another guages.ini file anywhere on my system.I`m going to E-mail PMDG now and show them this forum post. I`ll post any reply i get on here.