Sign in to follow this  
Guest mgmaniac

pmdg 737-800 spd rest problem

Yeah, I suspect (I'm guessing) the 800/900 might use the first line for default values or those values are calculated by the FMS with the newer program. Anyway, I also do not have separate 800/900 ini files so you can assume you are not missing those.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest mgmaniac

ok cool so i know i`m not missing some complete guage commands. Anyway i E-mailed PMDG tonight and recieved an immediate auto reply so fingers crossed i can suss the problem soon,post the solution and put the problem to rest.Few more questions i have ... Bare in mind i`m fairly new to flight sim and it`s a rapid learning curve for me ATM and i`m a flight sim enthusiast not a computer programmer.I downloaded a few Afcad files months ago and found afterwards that i`d lost all my taxiway and runway direction signs. ( you know the red and yellow direction signs on the taxiways)Well when i deleted all my FS9,PMDG,AI files,Afcad files the other night and did a complete re-build i was thinking it might also solve this problem too but i`ve found i`m still missing my taxi signs. I only installed the FS9 programme with PMDG this time Mmmm!! What happened to my Taxiway signs i wonder?????? Also on the 737 can anyone explain to me what determines the vertical climb or decent rate when using the FLCH button or VNAV. It seems the only way i can control the aircrafts climb or decent rate is to use the V/S. It seems sometimes when i fly a FLCH or VNAV climb for example the aircraft can pitch nose upward to say 3500ft/min and other times only say 900ft/min regardless of the amount of nautical miles before my next waypoint.Hope you understand what i`m tryin to askAll very confusing but i`m getting there!!Had a very enjoyable flight tonight to EIDW RW16 and finding i don`t tend to crash these birds anymore. X-cept when i try to fly the 800!! Grrrrrr!!

You should start a new thread on new topics... that will help with responses from the other guys in the forum.Descent rate is usually not a controlled flight variable, in climbs you are interested primarily in IAS whereas in descent you are interested in altitude constraints.

Dan Downs KCRP

Is your autothottle armed? If you don't turn on the generators after engine start the A/T won't "catch".

Guest mgmaniac

Yes the Autothrottles are on. This isn`t a problem with the autothrottles /Overhead panel settings/MCP settings etc. I do exactly the same in the 600/700 737 with no problems. The only difference is when i deploy the flaps in the 800 or 900 i notice the speed in the climb page switches to zero whereas in the 600/700 .......... upon deploying flaps 5 it goes to 245knots and then the speed goes down in stages to about 190 on flaps 25 ( from memory) On the 800/900 it just switches to zero even on flaps 1. It makes the aircraft impossible to fly

There is a configuration file in the pmdg folder that the 737 uses for setting up the various flap speeds (ah, found it '737guages.ini') If your nanny-security features of the operating system do not allow the update installer to modify this file then you will get the results you see. Run the installer as admin, consider turning off the UAC, and assign admin rights to the pmdg folder and subfolders.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thank you Dan, much appreciated for this response.I was having the same issues under Windows 7, with the retracting of flaps, zero in the red tape and finally a stall while taking off in the 800/900. The 600/700 series worked great.I removed all versions of the 737, turned off UAC, reinstalled all files and updates as administrator and all the problems went away.Thank you very much again.Chris Bremmer

Chris Bremmer

Hello from the future it’s 2023 and we have survived President Trump and President Biden. I figured out what we’re doing was figuring weight in kilograms instead of pounds there is an overhead menu for PMDG in the fightsim where you can select which airline you want and they as I pick the European one have fun with this awesome airplane

Edited by captmercy