Sign in to follow this  
golli

The VC of the upcoming 737NG 2.0 + video

I don't get the fascination with the HUD. I can understand real world if it helps pilots, but even then, why is it such a cool feature?? Just don't get it.Nice to see AA posting these videos though. The 737NG is definitely the best looking cockpit I've ever seen.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

I don't get the fascination with the HUD. I can understand real world if it helps pilots, but even then, why is it such a cool feature??
That's an easy one. The first BIG thing is about pilot not having to look down at instruments while transitioning from instrument to visual flying that is why only HUD allows you to fly manually category II/IIIa approaches. The second thing is the presence of the flight path vector displayed on the HUD. Actually you don't need HUD to display this vector - for example Garmin G1000 with synthetic vision has this feature too. Flight Path vector is a very cool indicator since it shows you were exactly the aircraft is heading rather than where it is pointing and it belongs naturally in the HUD since it overlays the runway/terrain.

Awsome. I'm ready to buy.Pat

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Guest fencer88
That's an easy one. The first BIG thing is about pilot not having to look down at instruments while transitioning from instrument to visual flying that is why only HUD allows you to fly manually category II/IIIa approaches. The second thing is the presence of the flight path vector displayed on the HUD. Actually you don't need HUD to display this vector - for example Garmin G1000 with synthetic vision has this feature too. Flight Path vector is a very cool indicator since it shows you were exactly the aircraft is heading rather than where it is pointing and it belongs naturally in the HUD since it overlays the runway/terrain.
...and, incidentally, flying (especially landing) from the VC should be much easier.Rgds,Bruno

Gents-After reading the replies in this thread- i think it is important that I make something VERY clear:My answers above reflect our view and planning for these products as of this moment in time.Continuation of these plans, and possibly even alteration of them will depend on the performance of each respective platform.I say this just to make sure you all understand that development of all PMDG products is a constantly evolving process.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Continuation of these plans, and possibly even alteration of them will depend on the performance of each respective platform.I say this just to make sure you all understand that development of all PMDG products is a constantly evolving process.
Dont put your eggs in one basket so to speak, makes sense in current conditions.As a lot of budget airlines use the 737 im hoping to get an insight into how the 737 crews operate the aircraft systes etc in between the stressful tasks of quick turnaround times and not missing your departure and arrival times. Im guessing a 737 is rarely in a cold and dark state?I had a couple of ideas of what id like to see in general PMDG stuff not just the 737. 1) Developer VideosI always like videos and tutorials direct from developers as they nearly always reveal new tips,hints and details that a lot of others miss. Seeing as though PMDG experimented with its MD11 Youtube page what are the possibilities of having a member of the team make a tutorial flight video. Perhaps highlighting areas of the aircrafts operation that mostly go unnoticed, or some procedure thats easier to visually show rather than have in a manual?2) PMDG ChallengesThis could be a collection of scenarios or flights that the PMDG team could come up with to challenge those who are a)learning the aircraft or b ) old pros who want a challenge. Bundled in with the install file these could be saved flights ranging from failures, unique approaches, manual landings, rejected take offs and hell even some nasty weather thrown in for good measure. I think the principle of it is to develop the users knowledge of the onboard systems and procedures, rather than pressing LNAV/VNAV on take off and sitting back for few hours :( Anyway that probably sounds like nonsense but it was just an idea or two...Looking forward to this aircraft!

FSX Only: No.*2D Panels: Yes.*
Good news of the week! :( Though the asterisks definitely add a bit of stress...

Here is a nice artist rendering of the P-8, http://lh4.ggpht.com/kobus.nl/Ros55PkUfQI/...%20poseidon.jpg

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”