Sign in to follow this  
Guest jaapverduijn

Rudders with WinXP - stopped working... Need help!

I have winXP that came with a new PC...I can no longer use my CH rudder pedals with a Logitec Wingman Digital...but they did work just fine when I had WinME...I've tried everything I can think of and nothing works. In the wingman profiler I changed the handle twist to rudders but XP won't recognize it. WinXP's control panel settings for game controls cancels out the rudder setting when it looks for the Logitec joystick.Microsoft support is no help at all...as in zero. I have the latest drivers installed and nothing will work. Has anyone run into this situation and if so can someone please help. I really need to use rudder pedals!Gary

Guest jaapverduijn

Gary, last week I was forced to change from Windows 98SE to Windows XP, and I experienced the same issue. Nothing I tried worked, the pedals simply refused to play. So I looked up the CH Products site, and there was the answer: the game port version of the CH Pro pedals is not compatible with Windows XP. These things happen (albeit far too often...), so I whipped out the faithful credit card and ordered a new set of pedals, this time USB. Two days later they were delivered, I installed them, and lo and behold: I've got working pedals again!Sorry for being the bringer of bad news, but I don't think there's any way of making your old pedals work with your new OS.Jaap Verduijn.

Hi thereBEEP - wrong! XP might have been incompatible with CH Pedals Pro - but CH has now made a very nice driver! My CH Pedals Pro (non-USB) works like a charm with my Saitek X36 combo!If you have problems locating the driver, send me a mail: svenks@image.dk and I will help you!BRGDSSven Sorensen, EKCH

Guest jaapverduijn

Oh, well... if I had known that a week ago, I could have kept some 170 euro in my pocket (regretful grin)! On the other hand, I'm now completely USB: CH yoke, CH pedals, Goflight LGT, GoFlight T8, and 2x GoFlight P8. Jaap Verduijn.