Sign in to follow this  
WacUK

MD11 Braking

Throttles not going to idle could be a problem, but then you wouldn't get reversers either.
Well reverse thrust is activating so they must be going to idle.
Maybe a stupid piece of advice, but do you pull down the throttles before you reach the touchdown (if you use some throttle device)?
Yes, I use a CH Yoke. I always pull the throttle back to zero during the approach.Thanks for the suggestions guys. :(

Confirm you do NOT get an amber 'ABS DISARM' light on the glareshield panel?
Okay, I can confirm that the amber 'ABS DISARM' light does indeed light up as soon as the main gear touches the runway.Any idea what may be causing this? :(

Hmm my thoery is somehow its conflicting with your CH pedals and when the gear touch down somehow the sim thinks you are using the toe brakes and shuts off the auto brake system, so unless you manually press brakes you are really just slowing on reversers and airbrakes.Maybe your toe brakes are applied ever so slightly by default?

Maybe your toe brakes are applied ever so slightly by default?
I will check, but I do have quite a big null zone on all axis on my pedals so I doubt it's that.I'll have a go at landing without putting my feet on the pedals.

Hello,Does anyone know how the MD11's FMC would be setup if you were doing landing training?What I'm looking to do is take off from EGAA (Belfast, Ireland) and then turn 180 degrees and then land again at the same airport.If I just put the departure and destination airport in th FMC (EGAA), I find that I am unable to tell the FMC during flight which runway I am going to land on, I was only able to tune into the ruunway via the RAD/NAV page.I know this is not standard procedure in real life, but it would help as a training aid.Thanks. :(

Adam,You would program the FMC in the same way as you would with any other flight, in this case EGAA/EGAA. You need to select a departure runway by making a lateral revision next to EGAA. You can then select your arrival runway by making a lateral revision next to the second entry for EGAA. You can choose to stay in the circuit, or fly the approach from the IAF or transition waypoint. Jeffrey L. Whitaker

Adam,You would program the FMC in the same way as you would with any other flight, in this case EGAA/EGAA. You need to select a departure runway by making a lateral revision next to EGAA. You can then select your arrival runway by making a lateral revision next to the second entry for EGAA. You can choose to stay in the circuit, or fly the approach from the IAF or transition waypoint. Jeffrey L. Whitaker
Thank you, I'll give it a go. :(

Hello guys,I'm still having difficulty getting the MD11 to brake, it seems as soon as I engage reverse thrust (F2) the 'ABS DISARM' light comes on and I end up running off the runway.I've tried this with and without my CH Pedals attached to my computer, so it can't be those.Any other thoughts would be appreciated.

Adam,Have you installed the update for the MD-11? It is my understanding they made some changes to the ABS logic.Do you have any other buttons/axis assigned to the brakes? If so, it could be a "noisy joystick". Possibly consider calibrating.Are you leaving the ATS system engaged during landing?Jeffrey L. Whitaker

Jeffrey,Thanks for the replies.I'm gonna reinstall it from scratch and see if that helps, I have noticed a few problems such as the dome light only works when the engines have been started, before patching I could use them whenever.I'll let you know how I get on.

Okay, I have reinstalled the MD11X, I even removed the PMDG 747X as to be sure it wasn't conflicting in anyway. I've also recalibrated all my controls, CH Yoke and CH Pedals, the problem still exists, as soon as the nose wheel hits the runway - 'ABS DISARM' light shows! :(I really am at an end at what to do next.

I have noticed a few problems such as the dome light only works when the engines have been started, before patching I could use them whenever.
Thats normal, it's due to limitations. Before the current patch the Dome like was handled differently but a bunch of problems popped up like many people didn't have a working dome light at all (like me) so PMDG had to handle it differently and now the Dome light wont work until the engines are started.
Okay, I have reinstalled the MD11X, I even removed the PMDG 747X as to be sure it wasn't conflicting in anyway. I've also recalibrated all my controls, CH Yoke and CH Pedals, the problem still exists, as soon as the nose wheel hits the runway - 'ABS DISARM' light shows! :(I really am at an end at what to do next.
Have tried a approach without the pedals connected to see if it still does it? and if you do use the pedals and after touch down if you do use the toe brakes (to full effectiveness) do they not stop the aircraft?I know even if I don't set autobrake at all and even don't use reversers I can still stop in time on 10k feet runways just under brakes alone no worries and thats at near max landing weight.

Reconfigure your CH pedals with the CH software, it looks like you have quite a signal being generated even though you may not be actually braking manually, which the MD-11 is picking up as manual brake application and disconnecting the Autobrake as a result...Do you use FSUIPC to remove controller spike issues?I use the Saitek Pro Flight pedals, and have not experienced this on FS9 in over 100 hours of flight, and I use the autobrake for every landing, either at LOW or MED setting normally....Andrew

Reconfigure your CH pedals with the CH software, it looks like you have quite a signal being generated even though you may not be actually braking manually, which the MD-11 is picking up as manual brake application and disconnecting the Autobrake as a result...Do you use FSUIPC to remove controller spike issues?I use the Saitek Pro Flight pedals, and have not experienced this on FS9 in over 100 hours of flight, and I use the autobrake for every landing, either at LOW or MED setting normally....Andrew
One way to be certain if it's your pedals or not: disconnect the pedals and do a flight. If during touchdown the ABS disarm doesn't come on...it has to do with the pedals. If so..check FSUIPC to give the toebrake more room before becoming activated.

Just a shot in the dark here but I use CH pedels and yolk. I do not use CH Control Manager, it is not even installed on my system. Joystick is disabled in FSX (I am using FSX not sure if you are) all setting for CH are made through paid version of FSUIPC. I also would check control settings in FSX and uncheck any keyboard commands related to brakes. The only brake related keyboard command I use is

Regards,
Gary Andersen

HAF932 Advanced, ASUS Z690-P D4, i5-12600k @4.9,NH-C14S, 2x8GB DDR4 3600, RM850x PSU,Sata DVD, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB storage, W10-Pro on Intel 750 AIC 800GB PCI-Express,MSI RTX3070 LHR 8GB, AW2720HF, VS238, Card Reader, SMT750 UPS.