Sign in to follow this  
fspaan

Release date FS2004, history repeats with forum overload?

Hi there,I can remember last year just before the release of FS2002 where there was a hype on the avsim and flightsim forums concerning hardware and software questions: to upgrade or not to upgrade for FS2002?That time it took me a lot of time to browse through all new postings to find some interesting mails. Hopefully this year it will be somewhat less. I even have not heard anything about beta versions and critics about the beta versions. Is there anything we can do in preparing for all those people who will keep asking if their PC configuration is sufficient enough? Can we already set up some sticky posts with this information?Just my 02 cents....

Hi, For the system requirement it's always the same patterne. One thing I have learn with the time, with the latest 3d complex games released compare to flight sim that's require power and details, you will need mid or high end computer if you want good result with almost all detailed enabled. I am not talking about basic game don't require much power forget about them.256/512 ram ,1.5ghz to 3ghz or even more with the time when the cpu price will drop depend on your preference details enabled or disabled. Good 3d card video 128 meg Ati/Gforce on all latest 3d complexe games will be excellent compare to 64 megs. Flight Sim are not an exception compare to others complex 3d games released.After fs2004 release, new cpu will be available with probably 4ghz, 5ghz, 6ghz, 7ghz and new 3d video card will be available as well.It's depend on your budget, your preference and details..About msfs compability in each release:The commercial and utility and most freeware product WILL HAVE to be updated from the author and company to be worked at full fs2004 capability. Some addons type like aircraft and scenery can works without update, but they not use any kind of new feature implemented from fs2004. It is simply impossible to have any kind of software working without any modification and released again, Impossible for tons of reason to any company available, registry and directory are not the same and they can't use the same, new feature added in the new version and better and new function not available from fs2002, so all previous addons don't use any kind of capability from fs2004. Always need to be re updated and re released. This is why there is always Msfs version section for download.Ai traffic and Atc have been improved from fs2004, so most addons related to Ai traffic and atc for fs2002 are already old or have to be updated because of change in the Ai traffic and Atc in fs2004. Any aircraft and scenery and utility from previous version of Msfs, have been always be updated in the new version with the latest feature and graphic to be able to use a full capability of the new version. Compability can be regretion also if you always use old addons with old technologies, it is impossible to have any addons froms previous version working a full capability with latest new Mfs feature. Example: Weather in fs2004, it is more acurrate and logical to re done new weather addons from scratch or updated. Those people that's are bright will understand and learn the new technologie and capability and release a much better addons then before without problem. Those will have problem with this, it's their problems, there is many new talented folks added in each release, fresh new talented people learn, understand and create new addons for Msfs.3rd party have always full of addons in each release and never worried about anything with msfs 3rd party files, scenery, aircraft and utility. Chris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Hey Ferry,It's still early :-lol As more and more screen shots get posted you'll see the traffic rise.Mike

Chris, Thanks for your detailed answer! Below I added some keywords to this post. Hopefully when people search for answers like these they will find this post. Keywords: performance | FS2004 | COF | Microsoft Flightsimulator Century of Flight | system requirements |

>I can remember last year just before the release of FS2002...You mean "2 years ago" ;-) (time rushes by so quickly, it is unbelievable!)Wolfgang :-wave

>>>I can remember last year just before the release of>FS2002...>>You mean "2 years ago" ;-) (time rushes by so quickly, it is>unbelievable!)>>Wolfgang :-wave>My god, when is the last time I looked up from my flightsimulator to the calendar on the wall? ;-) *:-* Indeed you are right, it is already two years ago. Time flies when you are having fun....But then again, in that period it took some of your patience when hundreds of posts passed by related to the expected system requirements and FS2002. People screamed booh when it was delayed and released later on. On the occassion they could not find a button, first post your critics and read the manual afterwards. That was the way to use FS2002. Not much later the forums calmed down again to their normal professional level.I must admit some of the post had some value, but most of them....I do not mind to answer questions which have been asked before, but some people did not even take their patience to ask in the forums right away before reading the manuals, trying again or browsing through the forums.Hopefully it will be somewhat less of a hype.