Sign in to follow this  
Virgin_A340

777 Problem During Arrival

When I am in the approach phase and I enter the STAR and all alt and speed constraints I activate it and then the AP and LNAV seems to command a sharp turn to something like 180 degrees away from the STAR route path. I then have to disconnect and reconnect the AP and LNAV and tell it to go DIR TO the next waypoint otherwise it will continue to fly away from the STAR route.Can anyone help?Andy S

When I am in the approach phase and I enter the STAR and all alt and speed constraints I activate it and then the AP and LNAV seems to command a sharp turn to something like 180 degrees away from the STAR route path. I then have to disconnect and reconnect the AP and LNAV and tell it to go DIR TO the next waypoint otherwise it will continue to fly away from the STAR route.Can anyone help?Andy S
Andy,Sounds like either a NavData problem or the AP installation. Have you recently reinstalled by any chance?John R

Think you should be selecting the STAR long before the approach phase. Sounds like you might be past a way point in the STAR that the FMS is directing a turn to "return" to the "next" way point on the CDU legs page.Just a thought.Jim Harnes

Think you should be selecting the STAR long before the approach phase. Sounds like you might be past a way point in the STAR that the FMS is directing a turn to "return" to the "next" way point on the CDU legs page.Just a thought.Jim Harnes
Never thought of that, Jim. A far more sensible solution.RegardsJohn

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.