Sign in to follow this  
Guest rdg

What are the side effects - Texture_Bandwidth_Multi

Guest rdg

Hi,I was fiddling with this cfg entry, but see no difference (at least that I can tell), if I use 40 or 400 or anything inbetween. Is this entry to help blurries or stuttering or both?I know Nick suggests 70 - 80. Tried em all. ThanksBob G

Guest Nick_N
Hi,I was fiddling with this cfg entry, but see no difference (at least that I can tell), if I use 40 or 400 or anything inbetween. Is this entry to help blurries or stuttering or both?I know Nick suggests 70 - 80. Tried em all. ThanksBob G
Ground texture blursI have yet to set up any system where 70 or 80 was not used400 is insanity in FSX.. would require a 2GB+ video card to do correctly.. the system is simply skipping operations when people do this because it is quite mathematically impossible to run 400 and the system actually complete the request on todays hardwareIf you are not seeing any difference I would say the base hardware and install are probably running slow to being with.. as my list states, try 70-90 and if no change... set it to the default of 40 and forget it because for some reason (usually hardware or poorly setup) the system is not responding to the request

Guest Nick_N

and one other thing I recently added to the tuning list.. Fibe Frame Time Fraction If the system is multicore and on SP1 or above REMOVE IT from the config as it serves NO purpose but to screw up the works. It only has use with SINGLE core processors after SP1 and if set too low it CAN cause TBM to not display any or much of any positve resultThey moved most of the threads OFF the first core which FFTF would assist with prior to SP1. Only single core processor will see any true result with that tweak after SP1 and those on SP1/SP2 should use the frame lock instead of FFTF to trim The link to Phils report from Adam at Aces (The lead FSX terrain engine developer) on that setting and SP1 is in the tuning thread now

Guest rdg
and one other thing I recently added to the tuning list.. Fibe Frame Time Fraction If the system is multicore and on SP1 or above REMOVE IT from the config as it serves NO purpose but to screw up the works. It only has use with SINGLE core processors after SP1 and if set too low it CAN cause TBM to not display any or much of any positve resultThey moved most of the threads OFF the first core which FFTF would assist with prior to SP1. Only single core processor will see any true result with that tweak after SP1 and those on SP1/SP2 should use the frame lock instead of FFTF to trim The link to Phils report from Adam at Aces (The lead FSX terrain engine developer) on that setting and SP1 is in the tuning thread now
Thanks Nick! No, I have a nicely tuned system thanks to you. QX9650 OC'd 3.8 and running very nice. I was not looking for blurries when I changed the values. I was looking for smoothness. Although I have a few micro-stutters, for some reason I thought the bandwidth value was to help that. Now I will go in and check out the blurries. Blurries is not really noticeable. Only once in a while it looks like a tile is trying to fit itself in (for a lack of a better description), but not wide spread blurries at all. ThanksBob G

Guest Nick_N
Thanks Nick! No, I have a nicely tuned system thanks to you. QX9650 OC'd 3.8 and running very nice. I was not looking for blurries when I changed the values. I was looking for smoothness. Although I have a few micro-stutters, for some reason I thought the bandwidth value was to help that. Now I will go in and check out the blurries. Blurries is not really noticeable. Only once in a while it looks like a tile is trying to fit itself in (for a lack of a better description), but not wide spread blurries at all. ThanksBob G
Then I would say a 70 or 80 will tune out that last bit of texture blur you may see from time to timearea you test will also display the result .. flying out in the boonies I doubt you would notice anything at all.. I usually check flying a city urban area as that will present the system a very well rounded area to check.. between the airports, models, cars, roads, autogen and ground you should be able to pick out a change in that setting

Guest rdg
Then I would say a 70 or 80 will tune out that last bit of texture blur you may see from time to timearea you test will also display the result .. flying out in the boonies I doubt you would notice anything at all.. I usually check flying a city urban area as that will present the system a very well rounded area to check.. between the airports, models, cars, roads, autogen and ground you should be able to pick out a change in that setting
Hi,Yep, KSEA is where I test, and close to where I live. Just across the water from Seattle above the Silverdale area. I agree, there is a quite a load of everything around KSEA for testing.Thanks Nick. I dont know where you find the time!!!!RegardsBob G

Guest Nick_N
Hi,Yep, KSEA is where I test, and close to where I live. Just across the water from Seattle above the Silverdale area. I agree, there is a quite a load of everything around KSEA for testing.Thanks Nick. I dont know where you find the time!!!!RegardsBob G
Im getting ready to head back to Bainbridge from S. Florida for the summer so I have suspended other things for a week .. I am taking some down time today and spent more time than usual on the forums.

Guest rdg
Im getting ready to head back to Bainbridge from S. Florida for the summer so I have suspended other things for a week .. I am taking some down time today and spent more time than usual on the forums.
Let me know Nick if you would like to visit. My wife and I would love to have you. I could teach you how to tweak computers. I really would not mind one bit. Now I bet you dont get an offer like that every day!!RegardsBob G

Guest Nick_N
Let me know Nick if you would like to visit. My wife and I would love to have you. I could teach you how to tweak computers. I really would not mind one bit. Now I bet you dont get an offer like that every day!!RegardsBob G
hmmmmmnow why do I have this strange feeling am being suckered into a house call :(

Guest rdg
hmmmmmnow why do I have this strange feeling am being suckered into a house call :(
No, I wouldnt be so rude. To be honest, I would love to meet you and of course we might find a little time for me to pick your brain. So will it be hamburgers and beer, or wine and finger food? Plus we have have a great view of Dyes inlet from the hills while you drink your beer or sip your wine.Anytime is good. I can send you a private message with my phone number if you like.RegardsBob G

Guest Nick_N
No, I wouldnt be so rude. To be honest, I would love to meet you and of course we might find a little time for me to pick your brain. So will it be hamburgers and beer, or wine and finger food? Plus we have have a great view of Dyes inlet from the hills while you drink your beer or sip your wine.Anytime is good. I can send you a private message with my phone number if you like.RegardsBob G
I was just kidding Bob.. :( I have a lot to do right away when I get back so after I get caught up I can toss you a message

Guest rdg
I was just kidding Bob.. :( I have a lot to do right away when I get back so after I get caught up I can toss you a message
Sounds good Nick! I am looking forward to it.Bob G

Hi Bob,If you haven't already, try FSP_Limiter, setting FSX on UNLIMITED frame rate. It has worked well for me and many others. I am also using a QX9650, and run it between 3.9 and 4.1Ghz. I am able to run vCore considerably lower at 3.9 so I often do unless flying the Cessna Mustang, which uses everything you can throw at it. I always have smooth perf and sharp visuals. I am using the 8xS setting and yes, it definitely improves IQ.I just got back from a trip to Port Orchard to visit with family. I lived in Port Angeles for 4 years. Love the Islands up there :()Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

400 is insanity in FSX.. would require a 2GB+ video card to do correctly.. the system is simply skipping operations when people do this because it is quite mathematically impossible to run 400 and the system actually complete the request on todays hardware
Ok, I DO HAVE a 2GB video card in FSX. What would you recommend :-)(PS: The Gainward GTX285 comes with 2GB - this is a GODSENT with high the resolution I am running FSX with - 3360x1050)

Nick, I'm running a 9650 with FSX/Accel. The FFTF entry does not appear in my fsx.cfg yet all 3 UTX's show it at 0.33 on the "Internal FSX Setings that can Effect Ultimate Terrain Performance" tab. Just leave it alone or change to 0.00? If the entry is not in my cfg the UTX setting should have no effect, right?. Or, is UTX telling me it's there but I can't see/find it?

Frank L.T