Sign in to follow this  
hitter439

FsGenesis terrain mesh

I currently do not have any scenery enhancements for FS9, but would now like to purchase a select few. I have read previous posts regarding FsGenesis terrain mesh and for the most part have found very favorable responses. However, there appear to be a number of flightsimmers who eventually removed the terrain mesh due to its resulting in numerous elevated airports, lakes, etc. A common thread seemed to be their utilization of the 38mm terrain mesh. Has anyone utilized a lesser detailed mesh from FsGenesis (i.e. 76mm, 153mm, etc.) to determine if there may be an optimal balance between improving the FS9 default mesh while also minimizing the elevated airports, lakes, etc.?Thanks very much.

I just purchased the 76m mesh for FS9 for the US and say it has a very good balance without airport on plateaus etc. Not saying you wont see some (such as KDEN) but overall I'm very happy with my $9 purchase for the US at 76m.I had purchased the 38m for FSX but the plateuing was just too much for me so I uninstalled it.Just my $9 worth of infoSean

Sean Green

I just purchased the 76m mesh for FS9 for the US and say it has a very good balance without airport on plateaus etc. Not saying you wont see some (such as KDEN) but overall I'm very happy with my $9 purchase for the US at 76m.I had purchased the 38m for FSX but the plateuing was just too much for me so I uninstalled it.Just my $9 worth of infoSean
Hi Sean,Thank you for your reply....sounds like the 76m mesh is a good compromise at a great price. Jeff

I bought all the Genesis mesh for FS9 & FSX and I have no complaints. There are small imperfections here and there, but they are outweighed a hundred-fold by the overall improvements you'll see. (The airport elevation issue was fixed in FSX Version 2 of their mesh.) Also, FSGenesis has excellent customer service. Five-Star in my books.

I bought all the Genesis mesh for FS9 & FSX and I have no complaints. There are small imperfections here and there, but they are outweighed a hundred-fold by the overall improvements you'll see. (The airport elevation issue was fixed in FSX Version 2 of their mesh.) Also, FSGenesis has excellent customer service. Five-Star in my books.
What he say!