Sign in to follow this  
tanker

Help with RA SF260

Hi Everyone,My RealAir SF260 (FSX version) seems to work perfectly in FSX except for the texture of the switches - they appear as "washed out" gray. This is in the VC cockpit. I posted on the RealAir support forum and they did their best to help, but it seems to be a condition only on my system. I tried different video card drivers, but it made no difference. I uninstalled and re-installed, but no change. Anyone have any suggestions I could try?Dale

Dale

Hi Everyone,My RealAir SF260 (FSX version) seems to work perfectly in FSX except for the texture of the switches - they appear as "washed out" gray. This is in the VC cockpit. I posted on the RealAir support forum and they did their best to help, but it seems to be a condition only on my system. I tried different video card drivers, but it made no difference. I uninstalled and re-installed, but no change. Anyone have any suggestions I could try?Dale
I'm not sure that mine are substantially different... and this is on a nVidia 9600GT.

Bert

I'm not sure that mine are substantially different... and this is on a nVidia 9600GT.
I must add that it does depend a great deal on the lighting conditions, as can be seen from this shot:

Bert

OK, Thanks for the photos - I guess it's normal and the switches are functional, so I won't worry about it. I also have the FS9 version and the switches are much sharper, so I assumed the FSX version would be at least as good. Then again, this may be one of the reasons the SF260 gets such good frame rates.Dale

Dale

Are you running DX10 by any chance?It could be the video card, a 3870, not quite sure. I know since I run Vista sometimes the model/textures act differently than with XP....

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Not substantially different...?!? You gotta be kidding! Yours are looking way better than tanker's switches! There is definitely something wrong with tanker's switches! Sorry, no solution, but I just couldn't believe my eyes when Bert said 'not sure that mine are substantially'... :( :( Of course, the most important thing is that it all works, but I can imagine something like this is bothering you. BTW What happens when you turn off the cockpitlights (which are on by default in the SF260, even at daytime)? I've had something similar in the PMDG MD-11 (before the latest patch) where things would look flat and dull and light when the cockpitlights were on. And btw I do own the SF260 myself and have never seen this...

Not substantially different...?!? You gotta be kidding! Yours are looking way better than tanker's switches! There is definitely something wrong with tanker's switches! Sorry, no solution, but I just couldn't believe my eyes when Bert said 'not sure that mine are substantially'... :( :( Of course, the most important thing is that it all works, but I can imagine something like this is bothering you. BTW What happens when you turn off the cockpitlights (which are on by default in the SF260, even at daytime)? I've had something similar in the PMDG MD-11 (before the latest patch) where things would look flat and dull and light when the cockpitlights were on. And btw I do own the SF260 myself and have never seen this...
I'm using Win XP Home with DX9.0c, I have SP1 and SP2 installed in FSX. As to the cabin lights - that's a great idea, as I never picked up on the SF260 cabin lights defaulting to "on". Unfortunately, turning the cabin lights off actually made the switch appearance worse, just gray with no features at all.The exterior of the aircraft appears as it should, I'm seeing the flush rivets in the wings and all the features are sharp and clear. I'm not having any problems with any of my other aircraft, which include Carenado and Eaglesoft products. RealAir support seemed to think that it was driver related, but I've tried several different drivers, going through the complete driver cleaning procedure, to no avail. I'm currently using ATI 6.14.0010.689.Dale

Dale

I'm willing to bet its the old 3870....I wager that if you put a new card in it, like something newer, 9800GT, 4870x2 etc, it would go away....

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |