Sign in to follow this  
Guest smann

changing panels within fsx

Guest smann

I have the fly away B717 installed in fsx. I was able to change panels in 2004, I dont remember if VC panels worked or not. I want to use the VC 737 panel for my 717. when I remove the 717 and replace it with the 737 the VC panel doesnt show up just parts of the 717. I'm not that skilled, I can load new aircraft but thats about itIs it possible or does it require alot of knowledge working within the filesthanks

As far as I know the VC is part of the model and is, as such, incorporated in the .mdl file. I don't think you can swap one VC for another without doing some serious reworking of the .mdl file. The 2D panels are very easy to modify, as they have always been, but the VC is another matter entirely. I could be wrong, however. Maybe someone else knows better.

Mike Beckwith

As far as I know the VC is part of the model and is, as such, incorporated in the .mdl file. I don't think you can swap one VC for another without doing some serious reworking of the .mdl file. The 2D panels are very easy to modify, as they have always been, but the VC is another matter entirely. I could be wrong, however. Maybe someone else knows better.
True FSX aircraft designs have two model files, an exterior and an interior model.Try swapping both the interior model and the panel.cfg file.

Bert

Guest smann
True FSX aircraft designs have two model files, an exterior and an interior model.Try swapping both the interior model and the panel.cfg file.
Where are the Interior and exterior files, I know where the panel file isthanks

Where are the Interior and exterior files, I know where the panel file is
The .mdl files are located in the \model folder of the particular aircraft folder. In the case of your B717, for example, the path from the root directory would be \SimObjects\Airplanes\B717\Model.Good luck with your experimentation.

Mike Beckwith