Sign in to follow this  
Dougal

Do I have a security Problem?

Hello!My Windows Firewall has been asking me about 'mdm' and 'mdmm' - as in, whether to keep blocking or unblocking. I have scanned with Spybot and Adaware, and my antivirus is Eset NOD32.A Google search gives conflicting info.Anyone here got any ideas?

Guest Nick_N
Hello!My Windows Firewall has been asking me about 'mdm' and 'mdmm' - as in, whether to keep blocking or unblocking. I have scanned with Spybot and Adaware, and my antivirus is Eset NOD32.A Google search gives conflicting info.Anyone here got any ideas?
Those are known for being activated with MS Office and other software like VB. I do not have a lot of knowledge around the current threats but it can be possible they are maskedI would think NOD would pick it up if they were threats..at the same time, what are you running when these warnings pop up?EDIT:Download the latest version of MALWAREBYTES, http://www.malwarebytes.org/ install.. update it then run a FULL scan.. if it does not find anything, I would bet this is normal and something you have installed is running debugger code

Those are known for being activated with MS Office and other software like VB. I do not have a lot of knowledge around the current threats but it can be possible they are maskedI would think NOD would pick it up if they were threats..at the same time, what are you running when these warnings pop up?EDIT:Download the latest version of MALWAREBYTES, http://www.malwarebytes.org/ install.. update it then run a FULL scan.. if it does not find anything, I would bet this is normal and something you have installed is running debugger code
Many thanks NickIt would appear all is well. I do run a pretty tight ship.

Guest Nick_N
Many thanks NickIt would appear all is well. I do run a pretty tight ship.
Yea.. just dont allow to have firewall access.. problem solvedThe WindowsXP firewall DOES actually work which is why I tell people to not kill their system perf with all that security junk... a good AV and a few checks with 0ne or two scanners every now and then to confirm things are clean with the Windows firewall is all anyone needs. Security companies would like you to believe the internet boggie-man is always at your router waiting.. like you are MI6 or CIALOL!!