Sign in to follow this  
Guest Toni Rauch

One very important request for FS2004 -- possible show stopper!

Can Microsoft release it in FS2002's box? If my wife sees a box that says FS2004, I will be subject to unbearable ridicule. It may prevent me from making a purchase. This is serious :)Other packaging suggestions:In a Betty Crocker box....In a book entitled "2004 ways to better communication in your marriage"In a travel pamphlet on Cancun....Any other suggestions folks? Can any husbands (or wives, if the shoe is on the other foot) relate?And, how many read this thread thinking someone was going to rant :)

I'm still laughing, but after picking myself back up off of the floor figured I'd tell you how I'll handle it:I'll just be honest. No box will ever make it home and if she happens to look over my shoulder and say something like "...gee, that looks like a newer, better flightsim..." then I'll tell her something like "... yeh, remember I told you how great it was the other night while you were talking on the phone with your mother...?".And the chances of her looking over my shoulder and commenting on how flightsim looks are just a little less than zero, i figger.

Guest flightpro08

:-lolGreat post, John. :DRyan-Flightpro08 :-cool VATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Senior Controller (C-3)ASRC (Advanced Simulated Radar Client) Beta Testerhttp://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg-----------------------------My "Home Made" System Specs:Intel Pentium 4 2.2GHz ProcessorTurbo Gamer ATX Mid-Tower with 420W Power SupplyEPoX 4G4A Motherboard with Intel 845G ChipsetVisiontek XTASY GeForce4 128MB Ti4600 (Det 42.86 Drivers)512MB PC2100 DDR RAM40GB Matrox 7200RPM Hard DriveWindows XP Home Edition SP1*No CPU or GPU Overclocking*3dMark2001SE Score: 11298-----------------------------Click Here to Download my American Eagle POSKY CRJ-200!

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

2004 Exciting new ways to enhance your experience with Flight Simulator 2002!

Guest moomox

OMG... Someone call Microsoft quick!:-lol

Guest crashing_pilot

put it in a mcdonalds happy meal box,and sneek it in :-)you can always:1:paint it uhm....reddish... and call it a brick,made by WELP.she'll be amazed by the sheer beauty of this addon,you might have to explain why you payed $20 for an alleged brick tho.2:drive your car over the box,and tell your wife you are repairing that,for your flightsimaddicted ludacrous friend.3:buy an unsliced bread,cut a hole in the middle,and put it inthere.but beware:take it out before your wife will slice sandwiches...4:have it dropped by a paraglider.5:ask american airlines if they can ring DB Cooper,and have him deliver it in the chimney by parachute(be sure to tell him he can keep the cash ;-) )6:pay your kids to sneek it in while you distract your (hopefully) loved one by taking HER to the mall.7:buy a flashgrenade,let it go off,and while your(hopefully) loved one is blinded,rush it in.8:ask the local sheriff to arrest her for speedin' ,and keep her an hour or so,then go buy it,whilst you've unplugged the phoneline.(blame the cat for that:gee honey,darned (insert cats name here) must've done that)9:take her for a nice vacation to a far away country,then buy it,and put it in a suitcase she won't look at(that means YOUR suitcase)you'll be applauded for the vacation.yet might be ridiculed for the smelly suitcase,but hey,that's normal in a guys life.10:make her read ANY and ALL posts about fs2004,after that,she'll be so disgusted,she wouldn't want to see the box if it contained cold (insert favourite drink of spouse here) instead of a set of cd's.11:take your chances,and just tell your wife casually:"i'm off to buy me a new frikkin' simulator love".she'll be so astonished by the "love" part,she'll forget the simulator part.this will be evidenced by her asking"how was "(insert neighbour/friends name here) doing? upon your return...if she does NOT ask that question:go mow the lawn.i'm just going to face the ridicule,don't mind that much ;-)also,if i were to put it in a happy meal box,my wife would be the first to look inside :-lol

I for one have told my wife that I WILL be getting FS2004. Of course she nagged me about spending money and I won't have time for it if I'm going to school full-time....blah, blah, blah......LOL!She should consider herself lucky I don't have any other real expensive hobbies like semi-pro bass fishing or like owning and flying a REAL airplane (which by the way I almost had her talked into until the IRS got a hold of us....)At any rate, I think you speak for most of us when you wish we could figure out a way to sneak in FS2004. Side note, I got FS 2002 (Standard) which was in the big box for Christmas and I wanted FS2K2 Pro. So, what I do? I went out and bought the pro edition which was in the little box while she was at work, installed it and stuck the little box in the big box....she didn't know the difference....Larry

This is one of the most disgusting posts I have ever had the misfortune to read on AVSIM! What are you? A mouse or man? Come on dude, buck up! Stand up and declare your addiction and take the result as a man! Good grief.Okay, can someone be my drop point for my copy and then forward it to me as an early Christmas present????

I always tell mine that it is a weed whacker!!

Here is my simple solution:Buy fs2004 and throw out the box and all packaging. Put the cds in a blank jewell case so they look like nothing. Install fs2004, and delete the shortcut. Keep the fs2002 shortcut, but point it to the new version. Unless she actually runs the program, she will be none the wiser. New version, what new version?

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest CapHavoc

Howdy,Don't need to do any of the above; the SO has already agreed to buy CoF as my belated birthday gift (late last month). Have the promisary note all safely tucked away ... now it's just a case of countin' down the days.

Guest Ken_Salter

Copy the CDs onto blank CDs. Label with hand written Sharpie pin.Tell significant other you downloaded it off Kazaa for free.Incinerate all incriminating evidence (boxes, manuals, reciepts, credit cards).Put car on blocks, put engine in reverse and roll back the odometer (see 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' for reference).Use bought CDs when playing, be discreet.[h3]Ken Salter (aka SaltyDog)[/h3]MSFS & Fly! Forum Moderator[link:http://www.grid.org/services/teams/team.htm?id=5E79C613-0A60-4A3B-BDC1-F9EE49F2D4FE]Join the AVSIM Online Cancer Fight!!Disclaimer: I am not endorsing pirating or any thing else which could be construed as illegal, immoral, unethical, sleazy, or naughty. As if.

Guest Skedflyer

Beat up the box alittle, then at work i'll spill some paint on the spot that says 04. but then i get busted when I get home and load it up, follow by my "OHHHH's" and "AHHH's" , and "oh cool", my wife sits besides me on one of the other computers looks over and rolls her eyes. Then processed to joke about how much of a freak i am about this stuff. Then i have to bring up avsim to show my wife she's not alone. :)Face it, our wives will always ridicule us.......I look at this version as our firt release of FS since i got married, and our 3rd since we met :) .