Sign in to follow this  
Guest dougwells

Setting up PTT on Saitek Yoke

Guest dougwells

I downloaded the VOXATC demo last night and I have to say .... WOW! I am impressed.Here is what would make my life so much nicer when flying VOXATC. Does anyone have the Saitek Yoke. I want to assign the PTT switch to the button behind the left "arm" of the yoke. I fly with my left hand and this button is the back of the part of the yoke that my hand grips....any suggestions?Thanks

Guest parxuk

Am not at my FSX pc right now, but it is very simple, something along the lines of going to voxatc>joystick settings>click or double click the PTT button, then hit the saitek button you want assigned to PTT.As i say that might not be 100% accurate but i have a saitek yoke and also use the red button at the back of the left handle for PTT

Guest dougwells

Thanks for the quick reply. Would you mind dropping another reply when you're in front of the computer. Glad to hear you figured out a way to make it work.Doug

If you have a registered copy of FSUPIC just assign the button to PTT transmit on when pushed and PTT transmit off when released.Jim Harnes

Guest dougwells

Thanks for the suggestion of FSUPIC. I'm not sure I'm ready to go that route (seems complicated ... but I've never used it, just read about it. Is it fairly straightforward to use?).Any other ideas.Doug

FSUPIC is as complicated as you want it to be, but assignment of buttons and other basic functions is very straightforward. It will make your FS life easier :( ! Highly recommended.Jim

Hi.I have the Saitek ProFlight Yoke System with button 01 (behind left hand grip) assigned to VoxATC PTT. All of the instructions are in the manual that came with the download - see 'VoxATC Help'. Once you open the pdf file navigate down to page 57 and follow instructions. It is a straight forward and easy procedure, best of all it works.I believe that there is no need to delete the equivalent commands from fsx menus but I did anyway, just in case!Good luck to you

Guest dougwells

You guys were great. Thanks for helping me through this.I got it to work via VOXATC's setup. I thought I would share what I was doing incorrectly in case anyone else has a similar problem. In the button assignment section of VOXATC I was selecting "Push to talk" and then hitting button 1. Nothing was happening. What I needed to do was hit button 1 FIRST and hold it down. While holding down button 1 select PTT from the menu.What made it even more confusing is that the next tab is used to assign keyboard funtions. In this menu, you first select "Push to Talk" and then push the desired keyboard selection.Here is one more tidbit I thought I would share. I found this while looking for a solution to this issue. It is a utilility called Joker which simply lets you assign any KEYBOARD key to any button on your joystick. In Vatsim (via Squawkbox) they like to use the "scoll" key to activate PTT. Joker lets you assign any joystick button to replicate hitting the scroll key (or any other key for that matter). Here is the link. I set it up and it worked well for me. I'm not using it now as you guys helped me through this issue. https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/danorris/www/joker/Thanks Again!