I see these spikes mostly around busy areas like LGA, JFK with autogen at normal. If I set to zero they are almost gone. No problems at DEN, SLC, PHX, etc. Is there a specific cause for this?? Thanks. ---- Bruce

Looks like a memory shortage. Does the FSX crash after this? 32bit orerating system? If yes, try to increase UserVA to approx 2516 if You have 3-4GB of RAM. This UserVA topic is widely covered here in AVSIM

Looks like a memory shortage. Does the FSX crash after this? 32bit orerating system? If yes, try to increase UserVA to approx 2516 if You have 3-4GB of RAM. This UserVA topic is widely covered here in AVSIM
No, FSX doesn't crash. Yes, 32 bit sys. Have FSX *SP2* which I believe allows for more memory!? Have read and followed all of Nick's setup guide.

Guest rdg

Hi,Looks like a Global Warming issue (-: I get anomolies but never spikes as dramatic as what you are seeing. I think too this could be memory starvation but not really sure. Hang in there hopefully someone will chime in and know exactly what it is.RegardsBob G

I get those spikes with my GTX295 and NOT with my 4970 1GB.It's the bloody nVidia drivers!

Look at this thread: http://www.simviation.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/Ya...?num=1233114601Same problem you are having. Partly down the page the guy has posted a picture.Hope this helpsRegardsBob G
Yup, same problem. I upped TBM to 90 and buffer pools to 140. Excellent results at LGA when autogen down to zero and no traffic. Pretty darn smooth with no spikes. The increased tbm and buffer pools has made a great improvement with no spikes further west too------STL, MKC, DEN, PHX, SLC etc. And that's with autogen at normal.Thanks for the feedback!Bruce

Guest rdg
Yup, same problem. I upped TBM to 90 and buffer pools to 140. Excellent results at LGA when autogen down to zero and no traffic. Pretty darn smooth with no spikes. The increased tbm and buffer pools has made a great improvement with no spikes further west too------STL, MKC, DEN, PHX, SLC etc. And that's with autogen at normal.Thanks for the feedback!Bruce
Yahoo!Bob G