Sign in to follow this  
Guest VATIR1

ASA, Graphical Condition Units

Guest VATIR1

Hi just a quick question.ASA in the report page under graphical conditions we have aloft which starts from 3k 6k ... 49K.are these units in feet??If they are, I am flying now at FL380 and according to these data temp on the closes station at 39K must be -52.0 but I the TAT in FS9 is -14...I tried refreshing and it didn'y fix it.I am using Build 394.Thanks

Guest VATIR1

Ok I just noticed something else too.on the report page, Lock to closest is Checked, and it says range 35nm, and its stuck on 35, but infact WMKN is 600nm behind me...when I uncheck the box and put a station in myself, it finds it with the correct range, but when I check the box again, goes to WMKN and 35nm range...Thanks

Hi,1. Yes, those units are in feet for winds aloft levels. If you are between levels you will get a blending of the data.2. TAT is not the same as OAT. We are reporting OAT and TATs are going to be warmer because as a plane moves through the air, the air gets warmer. Slow down to near stall speed and you will see these values get closer together.3. From your second post: That is a strange one. It looks like your ASA and FS are not communicating properly. If you move around in FS, does ASA recognize that you have moved and now shows your new location? Is this with FS04 or FSX?Thanks,

Guest VATIR1

HiThanks for the reply.I am using FS9, when the Station stops changing and also changing range, no matter where I go and move, station will remain same.I also thought it was a comunication problem between FS9 - FSUIPC and ASA...But, when I clock on map view, and check, lock to FS position, it will recognise the position, but still no range or station change on report page...Now, it usually happens during the flight, for example, it works for the first 2 hours, and the problem occures suddenly, I tried refreshing and doesn't work.if I restart ASA, ofcourse the problem goes away, but it'll come back.Thanks