Sign in to follow this  
Guest HA036

Support for Windows XP Pro x64

Guest crash_geh

Tried today to install 747 QOTS on a XP x64 and the install immediately hung. So am I 1)out of luck 2)there is a workaround 3) get a life and FSX 4)resume the dark ages of 32-bit? Can't afford Vista or FSX on many levels, not to mention $$$, though my rig will support all that is out there except the I7 and DDR3.I tried to find an answer and didn't get anywhere. Anyone been successful? Care to share your success or failure? The rest of FS9 has installed fine including 737NG and all my extra payware airports and hardware (yoke, rudder pedals, TrackIR etc). This was my second aircraft to be installed but also my favorite. Seems like I remember one of the plane installs did something with fonts. Any issue there? Every program, save 747 QOTS, Firefox and Thunderbird have installed just fine. Most everything has a release that supports XP x64 (was very surprised and delighted) or has no problem running under x64. I want 64-bit, not Vista. Windows 7 after a service pack is ok.Thanks for any help!George Halvorsen

George, the 747 has many successful installs in XP64 as well as Vista64. In a way it helps since it should rule out the installer. Maybe (I don't know if this helps or not) you could verify the installer version you have is the current version available at the pmdg site.You didn't mention what indications you have of a hang.... any messages or is the installer in the not responding mode?

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest crash_geh

That is good news (that it can run in 64-bit on XP x64). As to installer. I have the CD version and the only thing I see is a copyright notice on the box of 2005. When I start up the install, clicking the box that says install, the cursor turns into a spinning disk, as it always has...I've installed QOTS on 32-bit more times than I can count due to problems with hardware or scenery or reconfiguration. Everytime it works just fine. In 32-bit, I install both the 1.2 update and the "sound" update. I always install the 737NG first as instructed. It is also on CD at version 1.3 I believe.Back to x64, once the cursor turns to the disk, that's all she wrote. Can move the cursor but otherwise the machine locks up and a reboot is necessary. You speak of installer...is there an alternate or different installer than is what is on the CD? Is there a version of QOTS that I can download that has this "new" installer? Gosh I want to get the bird into the air, so any thing I need to do will be done, including re-installing XP x64. Extreme but I'd do it if it would help.Thanks,George Halvorsen

One of the moderators might be of more help... but yes, I would try downloading the current 747 installer from the pmdg site if you can but I am not sure how the CD validation is different from the on-line purchase, which is activated with an order number and password and email address. Current download version is 2.10. You might have to contact pmdg support to sort this out if someone doesn't visit the forum soon. Wish I was of more help.

Dan Downs KCRP

George,Email me at rmaziarz@precisionmanuals.com, want to try a couple things... You may get a house call if we can't figure it out over email since it would appear you also live in the Phoenix area. :)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest crash_geh

With the help of Ryan and a full special download of QOTS that replaces my CD from Andreas M