Sign in to follow this  
gosta

system reboot when i start fs2002

I just built my system to aamd 2600+ xp atlonmsi mb ktv4(MS-6712)1 gb ddr 2700 ramRadeon 9500 video cardsound blaster audigyI loaded operating system updated windows with all patches, latest drivers, directX 9, every thing I can think of.Every thing works, except when I start fs2002 and I click on "Create Flight" it does not show the plane in the bottom of the screen, it locks up and the reboots about 10 seconds after it locks up.When Windows boots back up it comes up with an error report that says it was the Radeon 9500 that caused the system stability problem.Please help, I have heard this video card is worth the trouble.Robert747-400

Guest kurtj

It sounds like the video card drivers may need updating or the chipset with the radeon is toast. I would probably look at drivers first and see if that is the problem. If that is not the problem, then get yourself an Nvidia G-force Card. I have a 64mb Geforce 3 ti-500 and am very happy with it. I never really cared for the ATI radeons because of the haze problem that it has with fs2002. I hope this helps you out. Good luck.

Guest ba747heavy

Radeons are fine, nothing wrong with em. Seems more ppl these days get more enjoyment out of FS when they use Radeon cards, because of the newness of the chipsets used, the speed of the AA algorithms, ect. Please sir, do not speak bad things about Radeons just because you happen to own an NVidia card. People have most assurdely not have had problems with Radeon cards in FS. With the exception of John Travendale(I think it was him), and a select few others(no more than the NV side of the fence), radeon performs just fine.

Hi Robert,not sure whats causing this...but i wanted to post alittle hint of advise about XP....look under settings cant remember where exaclty dont have XP on this mashine...and disable auto bootup after error....had alittle adventure with a friends PC that kept auto reboots all the time before i could do anything to fix it....it turned out it was a hardware issue.....but that auto-reboot feature on XP is really a bad idea.Regards

Guest kurtj

To Ba747heavy and others that have continued the thread, I am sorry to say bad things about Radeons. Maybe the older Radeons and other ATI models had the problem with the haze that was a large light blue block instead of blending into the sky. I am not sure where I saw it. It might have been on the forums, don't remember the source. I did see something like this after fs2002 was on the shelves. The newer models must have improved then? I guess that was an ignorant statement which I will take back. I am glad they do work with fs and people are happy with them.

Hi Kurt,yes, some rumours die hard :). You should be able to get excellent results with the 9500/9700Pro series, it seems it could be a driver problem, or indeed a bad card. ATI's RMA service is very good, I had my replacement cards within a day (yes, two 9700Pros were faulty - one from the start, the other gave up after a couple of weeks).Although I believe they've sorted out the problem with faulty cards, there may still be some older ones in the shops. Don't be afraid to ask for an exchange - when I first got my card and it didn't work, I was seriously p*****d off, so when it came to completing the part of the complaint form that said 'Please give a detailed description of your problem', I just put 'corrupted display'. They never asked any questions, and the replacement arrived the next day...Cheers,Gosta.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg