Sign in to follow this  
Guest daniel23185

FU on windows XP

Guest daniel23185

G'day all, I have been absent from flight sims for many years due to not having a computer powerful enough to run it decently. I have since come in to a powerful computer and have installed FU however it refuses to work and comes up with an error msg stating "indeo video playback". Does anyone have any idea's on this. The computer is running XP, I tryed searching the forum for issues experienced with XP but couldnt find one. If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be fantastic! I cant wait to try out the Staggering over Seattle 08 and San Fran 06!!! Thanks, Daniel

Daniel,I assume that you are referring to Flight Unlimited III? If so, then you need to add the statement "nomovie" at the top of your flt3.cfg file. That will bypass the Indeo video intro movie, and take you straight to the main menu.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

The reason you get this problem is that the indeo codec doesn't ship with later versions of the Windows OS. If you really want to watch the video intro you can install the codec and it will work as it did under Win 98.

Guest daniel23185

G'day, Thank you fella's, that worked strait away! Works like a beutie now. SOrry for the late reply, was at an airshow over the weekend. Sincerely, Daniel