Sign in to follow this  
G-SWSM

Coastal Weirdness.

Steve,Your screen shots now seem to be OK but my scenery and texture file counts come from the CD#3 MSGAME8.cab file.If you have copy/pasted the 803 EURW/scenery .bgl files into your existing FS9 EURW/scenery folder and have overwritten existing .bgl files (and have possibly re-installed any missing ones), this will mean that any automatically updated .bgl files (as the result of previous scenery installer programs) will now be the original ones again. Hence your now correct coast lines. All 48 (851 - 803) remaining files in your EURW/scenery folder will most probably have an extension other than .bgl and, as Scott correctly points out, are not taken into account by FS. My opinion is that these have now lost their functions, can be regarded as unnecessary ballast and can be safely deleted.In my EURW/scenery folder I have 836 .bgl files of which 33 .bgl extensions have MANUALLY been renamed at some point in the past and which were selectively replaced by updated .bgl versions as a consequence of my own addon scenery installations, which made it necessary to correct 33 of the EURW/scenery originals.In my EURW/texture folder I still have the original 382 .bmp files. I suggest that you delete all 882 ??? texture files from your EURW/texture folder and replace them with the 382 .bmp files from the MSGAME8.cab because none of the 500 extra ones will be used by any of your new EURW/scenery .bgl files.As I do not use any of the addon sceneries you are using, I consequently have no experience with their installation programs or with what they do to native FS files so please take into account that this whole operation within your EURW folder COULD adversly effect some of your addon sceneries and you should take a good look around in those parts of the world where you normally fly, to see if it might be neccesary to re-install those addons.In any case: Congratulations with your new coast lines.Hans

I would be very careful about deleting any files until you are absolutely sure you don't want them.Not knowing exactly what add-ons you have installed, it is possible that they have added files to that folder and by deleting those files you will lose the add-ons.The extra files came from somewhere, they didn't just appear out of nowhere.If you want to move them out of that folder into a standby folder, then fly that area for a while and look for anomalies. I think this would be a better approach.Hope this helps,Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Of cause you are correct Joe, but Steve did make a backup of his whole EURW folder for the explicit reason that he could now safely "mess about" with the original one.Hans