Sign in to follow this  
Jackie

747 manual control

Hello,Today I did a flight from Capetown to Australia upon descent. I tried to control the aircraft manually by selecting my desired heading but the aircraft did not engage the heading selected. I run FSX on vista 64bit . It is the first time I have encountered this problem. Any reason for this behavior? ThanksJackie Padilla

Hello,Today I did a flight from Capetown to Australia upon descent. I tried to control the aircraft manually by selecting my desired heading but the aircraft did not engage the heading selected. I run FSX on vista 64bit . It is the first time I have encountered this problem. Any reason for this behavior? ThanksJackie Padilla
You need to pull the knob...right click it.

If the mode annunciated HDG SEL then it should be flying the MCP heading selected. If it shows HDG HOLD then it is holding current heading (not MCP selected). You push the HDG knob in the 747 (pull in the MD11). Maybe a screen shot can point us in the right direction if you still have a problem. See also AOM Section 8-13.

Dan Downs KCRP

Yea it did show head sel but it did not change the heading. If I encounter it again will sure make a screen shot.

Hey guys, today the same problem occured. However, I changed the bank angel to 5 and this caused the plane to turn. I then placed the heading knob back on Auto and the plane started to adjusting to the heading. Has anyone else encountered this problem. ThanksJackie Padilla

Hello,Today I did a flight from Capetown to Australia upon descent. I tried to control the aircraft manually by selecting my desired heading but the aircraft did not engage the heading selected. I run FSX on vista 64bit . It is the first time I have encountered this problem. Any reason for this behavior?
I very rarely fly with the autopilot except in crusie and for Cat II/III approaches. The rest of the time I hand fly the B747. It's a great flying airplane and should be flown by hand when possible. Occassionally I have noticed that the Heading SEL will not take the first time or is slow to react. When this happens I will go back to Heading HLD, make sure this command is accepted then go to Heading SEL. Once the Heading SEL command has been accepted, I then change the heading and it will work. It will be slow sometimes because of winds, and other outside influences.Bill Bridges

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

Thanks Bill, for the info I did try that and it did not work. I had to change the bank angel and then place it back to auto in my case for it to start working. Jackie Padilla