Sign in to follow this  
Guest DC-8 Jet Trader

V1-Rotate.org is hiring volunteer Gauge developers and Aircraft Modellers

Guest DC-8 Jet Trader

V1-Rotate.org is currently on the lookout for gauge designers. V1-Rotate.org is mainly a tutorial site containing tutorials for all kind of airplanes and navigation aids for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004

.........The V1-Rotate.org TeamJohann T., Jessy S., Ken A.
I don't know whether I would qualify for such a position or not, but what always strikes me about a lot of posts/invitations like these is the appearant mistery of the people behind such an initiative.What's the problem with stating your real name (i.e. your surname ?) ??Rob BarendregtThe Netherlands

Not to mention... you don't "hire" volunteers. :(

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Guest DC-8 Jet Trader

Want to know more about us? We'd like to tell mroe about ourselves. But how one earth can we go public with things that don't really are worth showing?We are well know on the IVAO.aero community cause most publications are done there.Want to know our full names? Just tell me and I'll let them know :(@ WrapD: found that out after posting too :(

Okay, you need at least one modeler and one semi-professional gauge programmer, so...What are the three guys already "on the team" going to do? :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest DC-8 Jet Trader
Okay, you need at least one modeler and one semi-professional gauge programmer, so...What are the three guys already "on the team" going to do? :(
Johann Toerner is our Project leader. He has XML knowledge and we had a forth member in the team with who he was working together with but he seems to be death cause we haven't heard from him for months. So Johann is the only gauge programmer in the TeamKen Andries is our Forum Admin and Web Master. he is responsible for keeping the forum clean and the website updated.And me, Jessy Stas is doing the graphical part for gauges and panels and I'm working on the flight dynamics. I also took a look into modelling but don't have the time to continue on the modelling. I also take repainting for my part.So we need additional gauge programmers and aircraft modellers are welcomed as well. A new aircraft model was initial not planned but the current models lack the detail we seek for our project.More info can be found on our site under "about". It says the same as I said here ...

Thank you for the additional information. The reason I felt that this needed to be made clear is simply this...Over the years we've had any number of posts asking for help with some planned project, but which upon closer scrutiny turned out to be someone (or group of someones) with no ability of their own who simply wanted to "be in charge..." B) More odious have been those who were seeking modelers and gauge programmers to work on a new "payware project" but who themselves would contribute nothing of substance other than being the one who stood to gain the most from any sales... :( So, by listing the contributions that the three of you will be making to the project(s), it is crystal clear that neither of the above two categories apply... :( Best of luck then in your endeavors, and I sincerely hope you find the folks you need! :(

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest DC-8 Jet Trader

Thank you for your nice words :( If you maybe know any people that might be interested, feel free to redirect them to here