Sign in to follow this  
Guest Icemaker_99

AI Traffic Labels

Guest Icemaker_99

I have forgotten how to (where to go) change/add labels to my AI traffic. Can anyone point me in the right direction??Marty

You could try alt>help>learning center.MS did include a halfway usable help file in the sim.Also you could use alt>options>settings>traffic.Hope this helpsJoe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Check these settings in FS9.cfg:[AContain]ShowLabels=1ShowUserLabel=0ShowLabelManufacturer=1ShowLabelModel=1ShowLabelTailNumber=0ShowLabelDistance=1ShowLabelAltitude=1ShowLabelAirline=1ShowLabelAirlineAndFlightNumber=0ShowLabelFlightPlan=0ShowLabelContainerId=0ShowLabelAirspeed=1ShowLabelHeading=1LabelDelay=1000LabelColor=FFFF9900Modify them as you wish,...they are quite self explanatory.

Iñigo Bildarratz

Just a useful little tip -You do not need to have FS2004 up and running to access the HELP (Learning Center) -Just create a shortcut on your Desktop and paste the following line into the "traget" box of the shortcut:C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\FSweb\frameset_ingame_help.htmThat assumes a default installation of FS2004. If installed elsewhere, edit the path accordingly.Now you can use the shortcut to access the Learning Center anytime. :(

Guest Icemaker_99
Check these settings in FS9.cfg:[AContain]ShowLabels=1. . . .Modify them as you wish,...they are quite self explanatory.
Thanks, this is what I was looking for. . . . and to the suggestions for checking "Help", for some reason that never crossed my mind. I guess I think of AI traffic as being sort of separate from the Sim itself. Ah well, "maturity" setting in, I guess.Thanks again.Marty in Brantford

Just a useful little tip -You do not need to have FS2004 up and running to access the HELP (Learning Center) -Just create a shortcut on your Desktop and paste the following line into the "traget" box of the shortcut:C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\FSweb\frameset_ingame_help.htmThat assumes a default installation of FS2004. If installed elsewhere, edit the path accordingly.Now you can use the shortcut to access the Learning Center anytime. :(
I would highly recommend you install the free Traffic Toolbox utility from Microsoft - this will allow you to change whatever you wish to have displayed on the "labels" while you are flying - you are not bound by what you may edit in the aircraft.cfg file.The Traffic Toolbox SDK can be downloaded here:http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/2...x_sdk_setup.exeInstall it anywhere and then place the traffictoolbox.dll in your modules folder.That will give you a new menu option on the menu bar at the top of your screen when in windowed mode. You can also "watch" any active AI in the area with this tool.Hope you find this as useful as I do. :(