Sign in to follow this  
frankla

ITS the TREES Its the TREES. PLEASE HELP!

Guest UlfB
Nick, As there will be no further development on FSX coming from ACES and as FSXI is not yet on the radar, Would it not be time for the major scenery developpers to get together and agree on a new common set of core autogen description files which would solve the problem for everyone ?
Maybe the "FS

But the problem is that BIG projects tend to never deliver at all or deliver far below customer expectations at costs far above the initial calculations.
Unfortunately, I have to agree but it is about time that we start working as community again. Solving the autogen problem would be a win win situation for both developpers and users.

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

Guest UlfB

A joint operation, solving the autogen issues, between the GEX and FTX developers would be intresting.

A joint operation, solving the autogen issues, between the GEX and FTX developers would be intresting.
Exactly, and while we are at it let's add to those two Ultimate Terrain, SceneryTech and a few others.They have the know-how. They just need to agree.

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

Thanks Noel, Did you have the sutters before getting the FPS_limiter? or was yours always smooth?
It was fairly decent before FPS_Limiter, and also perf would degrade in heavily treed areas and eventually end up with severe audio popping. The bufferpools setting helped alot with the sound issue. With these two changes I went from fairly decent to excellent in terms of smoothness. Even the moving traffic is now smooth, tho I have to dial back using the F11 key to about 26 in FPS_L to get smoothest traffic. It should be noted I also installed a 1GB video card, but this was prior to the two software changes above. Also to be noted is the fact I have NO tweaks to Vista 64. I am still running a boatload of services/processes (52, and this is BEFORE starting FSX/ASX/ATC Live). IQ and performance is now truly stellar. In fact, I've turned down my CPU to 3.92 from 4.12, just to keep things cooler and more durable.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Guest Nick_N

Before everyone gets deep into thought about how the tree issue can be solved it would not be possible to do so without placing a switcher in the system regardless of cooperation between addons. Addons use switchers like that for several reasons and artistic change is the primary. Also, there is more than one set of tree tiles involved. We know what the problem is and which trees are causing the most grief. Ideally it would be best to change the entire tree to another species but then the sim would be baron of a tree that everyone would instantly notice as missing, especially in snow, because it plays such a huge role. However, since this conversation I came up with another idea that I wish to explore which may retain the tree species and reduce the impact by 25% or perhaps better. It would mean no alteration of the autogen description files and require no switcher which we believe is important to avoid. I do not know if my idea will work or not but will set up a test for it soon. We were able to fix a large portion of the tree problem and if my idea pans out that result will be further improved. We were also able to correct 98-99% of the gable roof appearing on flat roof tops in Europe by changes in annotating the autogen to the tiles. One may still show here and there but rare and hardly noticeable. The 2nd option for that was to edit the autogen roof sheets and remove the gable roof from the sim however just like we do not believe in altering core files or adding switchers, we did not wish to remove a very nice visual element from the autogen and replace it with something generic so our solution was to retain the gable roof texture on autogen houses and at the same time fix the problem 98% while building the tiles.

However, since this conversation I came up with another idea that I wish to explore which may retain the tree species and reduce the impact by 25% or perhaps better. It would mean no alteration of the autogen description files and require no switcher which we believe is important to avoid. I do not know if my idea will work or not but will set up a test for it soon.
Great ! Would this fix be worldwide or only for areas covered by GEX ?

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

Guest Nick_N
Great ! Would this fix be worldwide or only for areas covered by GEX ?
Where ever the tree tiles appear the solution will appear with it. The tiles we fixed and may be able to expand in fix are used all over the world however what we did fix does not include rainforests and a few other tree tiles of that nature. Those will be looked at as we get into the areas they cover. Also, so no one get the idea that what we have done is going to be a major 'cure all' for everyone. I wish to make sure it is well understood trees are objects that must be rendered and regardless of the approach we took to reduce the impact the system in use will dictate how well that fix may work. We were not willing to take it to the point where a significant visual appeal was lost just to rework the problem. If we did that it would be no different that adding the tree MAX line to the config so instead what we came up with maintains the visual fill and appeal. The user will need to tune their system from there.Our goals are1. Produce the product so no switching is required at all2. Produce the product so it will be considerate to other developers and not interfere with their product operation (freeware or payware)3. Reduce the perf impact as much as possible without removing the visual appeal4. Reduce the perf impact as much as possible and still allow those with very high end hardware to enjoy the benefits of their hardware purchase in scenery fill.So far we have met those goals and intend to continue on that path

Hi FranklaWe have a fix for that tree problem coming with GEX Europe but we are not quite ready for release yet. I just checked the sailplane mission for EU and it will fix what you are seeingIn the mean time the primary problem is two areas on your system.. your CPU clock is low and that will affect that tree problembufferpools is subjective to the system if it will work or not.. you must ADD the header and the value to the config.. your config will not have it in the list by defaultAdd it to the bottom of the listTry this:[bufferpools]poolsize=70000000Also try: [bufferpools]poolsize=100000000you will find a complete FSX tuning 'guide' which includes bufferpools and how to set it here: http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=29041If that bufferpool suggestion I posted above does not help then I suggest you remove the entire entry from the FSX.cfg file... your issue is most likely CPU speed and video card settings at that point and they can not handle the autogen settings with trees. The link I provided also includes settings for Nvidia cards using Nhancer to bypass FSX and allow your card to have full control. I do not usually suggest the use of the autogen restriction lines however as a last resort you can try this.. add it to the FSX.cfg under the heading shown:[TERRAIN] <---- look for this headerTERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=3000 <----- add this lineYou may reduce as needed. Try 2500 if 3000 presents no relief I really do not advocate the use of that tweak as I have found it to make the sim stutter strangely however you are welcome to try itAre you frame locking? Make sure to lock frames at 24, 30 or try UNNLIMTED tooThe area you seem to be having problems if this is in the sailplane mission is a combination of the THERMALS and TREES.I think your CPU may be the primary problem here.. most run a 920 at 3.6-4GHz
Thank you Nick.I just did a half day of working on moderately Overclocking my CPU and am doing it at a stable conservative 3.4 GHZ. Nothing has changed. The only thing that help is to bring back my autogen sliders from extremely dense to dense. :(