Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

downloads

Guest dodger

Hi all, sorry to be a pain if this has been gone over before, but i used to get at least 50/60 KB's a second when downloading from Avsim but just recently its been dropping way down to 15 odd depending on the download, i am on broadband of course,thanks.:-)

Dodger,This can happen when there are an extreme amount of people downloading at once. The best solution: Wait it out. Sorry, but we are all in the same shoes. :)

Guest dodger

Hi Chase, thanks for the reply at least i now know why , its appreciated ,regards.:-)

Don't take this personally, please... :)People have to start paying attention to what the uploads to the library are BEFORE they start complaining about download speeds. Yesterday, the P3 was uploaded and in the 24 hours since, it has had over 7,000 downloads (last I looked). That puts a strain on our bandwidth and servers... The response time, of course, is going to be seriously impacted compared to a "normal" day, where we ONLY serve up some 7 to 10 gigabytes. Keep in mind that this particular upload is just over 70 megs in size. You do the math... 70 megs times 7,000 downloads is how much bandwidth???It never fails. We get a popular upload to the library, and suddenly we start getting complaints about library speed. Everyone, please be aware of what's happening in the library before complaining. Please take a deep breath and wait a day or two for the dust to settle and things will get back to normal.Okay, rant mode off. :)