Sign in to follow this  
Guest offair

scenery objects bug

Guest offair

I don't know what's the problem but it just recently happened, everytime i was flying over asia continent theres no objects, it just an empty landand when i start the sim from somewhere in asia, the loading stop at 80% : adjusting scenery object, even tho the program is not halt or freeze, still processing, but it took very long time, half an hour later still processing, so shut down the program with ctrl-alt-del anybody can give me suggestion what to do to fix it?thanks in advance

Guest firehawk44
I don't know what's the problem but it just recently happened, everytime i was flying over asia continent theres no objects, it just an empty landand when i start the sim from somewhere in asia, the loading stop at 80% : adjusting scenery object, even tho the program is not halt or freeze, still processing, but it took very long time, half an hour later still processing, so shut down the program with ctrl-alt-del anybody can give me suggestion what to do to fix it?thanks in advance
More than likely you have a corrupt scenery.cfg. For Vista, it's located in the C:/Program Data/FSX folder (note not in C:/Programs). Open it up and make sure it's not corrupted (i.e., Areas/Layers not in numerical sequence). Edit and fix as necessary. You might also try renaming your fsx.cfg to fsx.orig, restart FSX and let the config rebuild itself. Hope this helps.Jim

Guest offair
More than likely you have a corrupt scenery.cfg. For Vista, it's located in the C:/Program Data/FSX folder (note not in C:/Programs). Open it up and make sure it's not corrupted (i.e., Areas/Layers not in numerical sequence). Edit and fix as necessary. You might also try renaming your fsx.cfg to fsx.orig, restart FSX and let the config rebuild itself. Hope this helps.Jim
i tried that but it doesn't work

The scenery.cfg file in the root Flight Simulator directory is just a template; it is not active and changing or deleting it will not resolve anything at all.The active file can be found in the Documents and Settings directory, though not in the same folder as the fsx.cfg file. There is a scenery.cfg file in there also, but it is not active either.Deleting the fsx.cfg file will have no effect on the scenery.cfg file (and, in any case, there is never any reason to delete the fsx.cfg file. We can get the same results by simply using the "Reset Default" buttons that litter the FS user interface.) There are perhaps other possibilities for the problem reported here. Probably the best and simplest remedy, lacking more precise information, is to run the Repair option from the original DVD.Best regards.Luis

Guest firehawk44
The scenery.cfg file in the root Flight Simulator directory is just a template; it is not active and changing or deleting it will not resolve anything at all.The active file can be found in the Documents and Settings directory, though not in the same folder as the fsx.cfg file. There is a scenery.cfg file in there also, but it is not active either.Deleting the fsx.cfg file will have no effect on the scenery.cfg file (and, in any case, there is never any reason to delete the fsx.cfg file. We can get the same results by simply using the "Reset Default" buttons that litter the FS user interface.) There are perhaps other possibilities for the problem reported here. Probably the best and simplest remedy, lacking more precise information, is to run the Repair option from the original DVD.Best regards.Luis
Luis, you are definitely the scenery expert but want to clarify some of your responses as it this is getting confusing:"The scenery.cfg file in the root Flight Simulator directory is just a template; it is not active and changing or deleting it will not resolve anything at all."Yes. That's why I directed the poster to C:/Program Data/FSX as that this the active scenery.cfg for Vista users (indiv did not indic OS and it's located in another folder for XP users)."The active file can be found in the Documents and Settings directory, though not in the same folder as the fsx.cfg file. There is a scenery.cfg file in there also, but it is not active either."That may be true for XP users but it is not true for Vista users. (see my previous answer). The original scenery.cfg is located in the (User name)/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX folder. It never changes and should NOT be deleted or modified in any way."Deleting the fsx.cfg file will have no effect on the scenery.cfg file (and, in any case, there is never any reason to delete the fsx.cfg file. We can get the same results by simply using the "Reset Default" buttons that litter the FS user interface.)"You are definitely correct. In my response I did not state the fsx.cfg had anything to do with the scenery.cfg. IF the fixing of any corruption in the scenery.cfg did not work, then he should try deleting the fsx.cfg as he was getting computer freezes. That sometimes fixes that problem.I agree with Luis in that running the Repair option may be the best solution as it appears you have lost some scenery files/textures or they somehow got corrupted.Best regards,Jim

Oops! Excuse me, Jim, I did not mean to imply that your response was in any way incorrect or incomplete. I deliberately did not refer either to your comments or quote them and contradict them at all. My apologies if that impression was given.I do not consider myself an expert in anything and always try to make that clear. There are too many self-proclaimed experts on this forum who never justify their claims in any way or explain how they arrive at their conclusions. I do not pretend to be one of them.I simply wanted to clarify for any other user and for future searches on a topic that appears with distressing regularity, and also to add to your very good reply. So, again very sorry if I ruffled any feathers.Best regards.Luis

Guest firehawk44
Oops! Excuse me, Jim, I did not mean to imply that your response was in any way incorrect or incomplete. I deliberately did not refer either to your comments or quote them and contradict them at all. My apologies if that impression was given.I do not consider myself an expert in anything and always try to make that clear. There are too many self-proclaimed experts on this forum who never justify their claims in any way or explain how they arrive at their conclusions. I do not pretend to be one of them.I simply wanted to clarify for any other user and for future searches on a topic that appears with distressing regularity, and also to add to your very good reply. So, again very sorry if I ruffled any feathers.Best regards.Luis
Hey, no problem Luis! I just wanted to make sure the original poster didn't get confused with our responses. And I agree, it is getting to be a very popular topic especially with all the new commercial and freeware addon's.Best regards,Jim