Sign in to follow this  
Guest Alex_Schiavo

Blackened out panel

Guest Alex_Schiavo

Hi there I have started having issues when loading either the PMDG 747 or MD11. Once I load the plane the 2D panel is blackened out just below the MCP (I don't get this issue in VC mode). I have also noticed that the drop down menu options for PMDG from the toolbar are not there eg fuel loading, panel state etc. I look forward to a reply!Regards Alex

Guest Alex_Schiavo
Have you purchased the aircraft from PMDG!! Sometimes you get black panels when the aircraft has been got of a torrent site!! I hope you can understand why iv asked you this!!
Both products have been purchased directly from the PMDG site as a downlaod and in particular the 747X which I have owned since it first came out. I have used the products without any problems and have just had these problems occur over the last week.

Try to repair the installations, be sure to allow the runtime libraries their opportunity to repair because you symptoms could be due to a C++ runtime problem. If that fails, then I would uninstall both, clean out all the folders including saved panels, then reinstall both... it is rare that this is required and no one has explained why but it worked once for me.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Alex_Schiavo

Thanks for your reply...How do I go about "repairing the installations" can you please provide instructions?cheers alex

I can never remember exactly which installers have this feature and which do not, but most installers will offer options to repair or remove the installation when run and the program is already installed. This is the repair option I referred to. The C++ runtime installers do offer a repair option.Sometimes the repairs work, but sometimes you need to remove and reinstall... it is rare but I've had to do it myself.

Dan Downs KCRP