Sign in to follow this  
Guest fyrestrtr

Recommended Programs for Flight Plan Creation

Guest fyrestrtr

Can PMDG users share some utilities (prefer freeware) that allow easy creation of flightplans that are compatible with the FMC? I am concerned mainly with the 737 FMC. It gets a bit boring having to key in all the coordinates on a long route :(What I would like to do is have a program that can plot the plan, then generate the FMC file, and can be updated with AIRAC cycles. If nothing exists well, I might just start writing one! :D

My curiosity overwhelms me... what is an example of a 737 flight with lots of coordinates?I use FSBuild but only to create both file formats for ASX and PMDG... otherwise, doing the flight plan myself is part of my preflight routine.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest fyrestrtr

Sorry, perhaps I was misunderstood. I do want to create the flightplan myself, but I don't want to use the point-and-click interface of the FMC, which gets very annoying. As for your question on a 737 flight with lots of coordinates, try KLM 663 for example.

The FMC has a keyboard interface. Click on the blank rectangular area on the RIGHT side of the CDU keyboard.

Dan Downs KCRP

Didn't know KLM use the 737 on such long routes, how do they make money on that, is it a all first class business service?Regarding the FMC routes, are you using the Airways or punching in every waypoint?Rob

Rob Prest

FSBuild is payware, but worth every penny. Among a host of other features, it exports flightplans to just about every addon I can imagine.Paul

FSBuild is payware, but worth every penny. Among a host of other features, it exports flightplans to just about every addon I can imagine.Paul
I have both FSBuild and FSCommander. FSCommander is a far superior product in all aspects of flightplanning. Extremely easy to use with a friendly user inerface. Also has the added advantage of a moving map.Andrew Dixon

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

This flight is operated by a PrivatAir 737BBJ apparently codesharing with KLM with something like 40 seat capacity.IAH certainly gets all the wierd flights (I just flew the World Airways/Sonair MD11 flight out of there to Angola a few weeks ago on vatsim)That said, I usually use this websitehttp://www.simroutes.com/fb2/ParseRoute.aspxSet your route into the big box, ICAO for departure and arrival in the right spaces, and hit Generate Route.In the next page, select PMDG and hit Download Flightplan and save it to the appropriate folder for coroutes.simroutes.jpgIncidently this route can be cleaned up a bit more, fromBERGI L602 SUPUR UL602 GOW UP858 IBROD UP858 OSBOX UP979 AGORI 5900N 02000W 6100N 03000W 6100N 04000W 6000N 05000W MOATT LOMTA YFM GRAMP LORNE SSM J548 TVC OBK STL J101 LIT J180 SWB TXMEX1to the still correct but better lookingBERGI L602 SUPUR UL602 GOW UP858 OSBOX UP979 AGORI 59N020W 61N030W 61N040W 60N050W MOATT LOMTA YFM GRAMP LORNE SSM J548 TVC OBK STL J101 LIT J180 SWB TXMEX1or evenBERGI L602 SUPUR UL602 GOW UP858 OSBOX UP979 AGORI 5920N 6130N 6140N 6050N MOATT LOMTA YFM GRAMP LORNE SSM J548 TVC OBK STL J101 LIT J180 SWB TXMEX1Do you have the NL2000 scenery for the Netherlands? Amsterdam is amazing in that!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCAUlceMs9ITrent.

Another free/payware service which I belive can export the created flightplan is VrouteI don

/Tord Hoppe, Sweden

You can create your "own" flightplan with Vroute and submit it. If validated, it will be added to the database. You can also configure Vroute with the latest AIRACs, for which you need credits at Navigraph... You receive a code, whcih you type into Vroute...The premium version is payware, and allows fuel planning for a number of addons, including the PMDG "fleet" :)I have only recently upgraded Vroute to premium, so am not fuilly aware of all the capabilities yet... I would usually generate a route with rfinder or similar, then use simroutes.com to give me the fitting FS2004 or PMDG or whatever format... I am slowly starting to port that all to Vroute, now I have bought it...Andrew