Sign in to follow this  
harrydarton

settings in FSX

Hi everybodyIn Settings I have saved 17 different arrangements of Graphic- Aircraft-Scenery etc and saved them with a short discription and dateMy problemis, how can I tell which of the 17 variants is currently loaded, without having to physically check the settings or write them down and referenced to the titleregards HD

You can add a descriptor in [brackets] like that at the top of each of the.cfg files. You wont be able to see it without actually opening the file. Or You write a simple .cmd or .bat file in dos to swap in the file you want each time you start FSX. You will however have to have 17 differnt shortcuts on your desk. Let me know if need help doing this, i dont know your skill level, cheers, Mark

You can add a descriptor in [brackets] like that at the top of each of the.cfg files. You wont be able to see it without actually opening the file. Or You write a simple .cmd or .bat file in dos to swap in the file you want each time you start FSX. You will however have to have 17 differnt shortcuts on your desk. Let me know if need help doing this, i dont know your skill level, cheers, Mark
Hi MarkThanks for your replysorry I haven't replied sooner but we were away for a long weekend.Oh the joy of being retired. Brousing my mags I found a possible answerAll the CFG's are in a directory which I could print out, so i'm going to look intothat. I sent you this reply on Monday but It seems to have disapeared into the wild blue yonderRegards HDPS not sure about cmd or bat files

You could put a note in either the ref or check htm files, then you could just open the kneeboard.

The problem is that you wont be able to see which one is loaded without physically opening it, as no matter what you call your copy, if you make one, the file has to be called fsx.cfg when in use. You can look at the different ones in the microsoft flight simulator files folder, in documents, but when you swap one in, it just shows as fsx.cfg. The only way to know what folder is loaded or the contents of that file is to swap it manually as I said. Also dont forget when you change sliders, several settings get reset to default, another good reason to do it that way.