Sign in to follow this  
Guest dougwells

Couple simple questions

Guest dougwells

I'd appreciate your thoughts on any of these questions.- Using "International" for ATC. Example, International Ground, International Center, etc. Can I get a regional designation such as "Salt Lake City Ground" or "Los Angeles Center"? I suspect not but thought I would ask.- Indexer. What does this do and why should I run it. I haven't used it yet and everything seems to be working well. Should I run it and if so, what will it do for me?- VOXATC learning my voice...Does VoxATC learn my voice as I use it in a flight or only in the "flight plan tutorial"- List of commandsIs there a summary of the commands I can use with VOXATC? Ideally, I'd love a few pages that group commands by type or by phase of flight. IE, request lower altitude, request different approach, request multiple approaches, request EFC, etc.VOXATC has improved my simming experience quite a bit already. I love practicing my radio work which is something I have been neglecting for the past 12 months.Thanks - Doug

As a longtime user of this program I have experienced a number of your issues. Hope this helps.The indexer runs by default when you install the software. It is recommended to rerun the indexer after installing new airports, updating AFCADs or adding new aircraft.I don't believe VoxATC continually adapts to your voice with routine use. The learning function occurs when using the flight plan trainer or using the learning modules contained with the underlying MS Sapi 5 speech recognition software which can be accessed via your Windows control panel speech applet.When VoxATC uses generic terms such as Oceanic Center or International Center it is because the indexer did not find a specific frequency associated with the airports in your flightplan. One way to fix this issue is to examine these airports with an editor such as AFX (Airport Facilitator) and add the appropriate center and frequency to the airports com list and then rerun the indexer to capture the new data. Other than the documentation and tutorials included with the software and on the VoxATC website I am not aware of any detailed list of commands. Pressing the 0 key will display any available options during your flight with the suggested wording.

Guest dougwells

That helps quite a bit. Thanks.VOXATC is a wonderful program. I also use VATSIM but so often there is no controller at the airport I want to fly out of. VOXATC is nice because it is always there when I have an hour to fly AND I can set any weather I want to......Best