Sign in to follow this  
EMD001

Emerald Air Opens Doors - Major Policy Changes at Ireland's Longest Operating VA

EDIT: I deleted your message yesterday. It includes images, which are not allowed in this forum except to aid in assisting a fellow reader, and your signature image far exceeds our size requirements. Please do not do this again.Please also reduce your signature image size to no more than 468 x 60 pixels.

EDIT: I deleted your message yesterday. It includes images, which are not allowed in this forum except to aid in assisting a fellow reader, and your signature image far exceeds our size requirements. Please do not do this again. Please also reduce your signature image size to no more than 468 x 60 pixels.
OK, no problem. I had no idea what's happened, as you did not notify me in any way. I supposed that my post has disappeared due to the server problem yesterday...On the other hand, I've checked the previous posts in this very topic. 6 out of the latest 10 posts does contain images, 1 of them even contains an embedded video, and you didn't delete them!!! Now I don't really understand that. Why is something that is obviously allowed for one user (or VA) forbidden for another one?Regards,

I copy the content here, without images:Emerald Air VA, one of the longest operating and most experienced Irish & British virtual airlines, now operating from 11 hubs across the British Isles, has completely changed its Checkride Policy and Pilot Rank Structure to better meet the demands of its existing and would-be pilots.The aim of the changes was to allow pilots who do not wish to fly checkrides to obtain higher ratings (and therefore fly bigger and faster aircraft) based on their accumulated flight time only, while providing others who would like to regularly test their skills the opportunity to fly checkrides and be rewarded for their extra effort.The new Operations Guide will give you full information on the changes but you can can find a short summary below as well:1. Pilot Ranks and RatingsFrom now on, Emerald Air pilots are going to be classified by Pilot Ratings (determining what aircraft they can or cannot fly) and Pilot Ranks (determining their bonus factor). The Pilot Ratings are the same as they have been before (Turboprop, Light Jet, Medium Jet and Heavy Jet). Each Pilot Rating will have two Ranks: First Officer and Captain.2. Promotion to First Officer RanksFirst Officers no longer need to provide checkrides - they will be promoted to the next rating as soon as they have flown enough hours. They are no longer required to obtain a Captain rank before being promoted to the next First Officer rank either, but can advance from the rank of Turboprop FO to the rank of Light Jet FO directly, for example.3. Promotion to Captain RanksPilots who do submit and pass the checkride corresponding to their present rating will be promoted to the rank of Captain. Emerald Air will reward its pilots' extra effort in becoming a Captain with a bonus factor of x1.25 on all reported hours flown in their present rank after having passed their checkride, which in turn means that they can get to the next rating quicker!In addition to the above, we are happy to announce that we are in the final stages of developing our new, dynamic website that's going to provide our pilots a new, fresh look, an easy-to-navigate menu, and lots of new features like an automatic PIREP system providing real time roster updates, a personal logbook, a brand new schedules database with a powerful search engine, a company ACARS software, and many more! ...A few words about us:Currently, Emerald Air is the only Irish VA with a Domestic, European & Intercontinental route network, operating a truly versatile fleet of aircraft, ranging in size from the rugged DHC-6-300 "Twin Otter" to the majestic Boeing 747-400 "Queen of the Skies".Today we serve the whole of the British Isles with a special focus on the 'Celtic Nations': Ireland, N. Ireland, Scotland and Wales. We have 11 hub airports located in Ireland and Great Britain. Our pilots can choose to fly from our schedule of almost 200 routes to destinations across the British Isles, Europe and beyond. Regards,

Guest Staggerwing

Indeed, anyone that wishes to show screen shots for fun or to entice simmers to join their VA should post them in the "Screen Shot" forum and simply tell everyone here they are there to be viewed. Same with videos... they need to be in the "Video Forum" not in discussion forums. READ and FOLLOW the posting rules at the top of those forums please...If someone is trying to show a problem on the screen or trying to show the answer to a problem, that is a different thing... and also does not need more than one shot most times.Here are the official rules for anyone using a SIG;Dec 14 2002, 09:06 AM We have evaluated the use of signature images on the AVSIM forums and have established new policies that go into effect immediately. The reasons for this change has everything to do with speed of message load and appearance. Please implement these changes immediately, if you do use images in your signature.1.) Only one (1) image is allowed2.) That image shall not be larger than 400 x 68 pixels in size3.) The image file shall not be larger than 20 Kbytes in size4.) The image can be animated, but shall not exceed the 20 Kbytes sizeYou can use text in your signature, but the use of any image shall adhere to the above. Thank you for your co-operation.Tom AllensworthAnd of course, that is ANY forum at Avsim not just screen shot forum..Latest SIG information here;http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=246645