Sign in to follow this  
LuisFelizTirado

An Explanation of the "Blurries"

HiThe links to pictures don't seem to work. Other than that, seems like a very professionally done tutorial.-kyle

Hello Kyle,When a topic is created in the Tutorials section, it automatically generates the "This is the support" thread. It was not my doing, but I shall of course be happy to provide any supplementary data as requested.The images are no longer cached at Avsim, but I can dig them out of my archives if anybody needs to see them.Thanks for reading and commenting.Best regards.Luis

Luis, you and others have written many excellent tutorials, in large part thanks to generous use of graphics. Indeed, it's no easy task to write a clear and concise explanation of a complex technical subject without relying on visual aids.If Avsim is serious about supporting a Tutorial System, I will stick my neck out and suggest the graphics be regarded as an essential part that should be retained indefinitely. If that is an unreasonable burden on the data storage capacity in the forums, then how about putting the tutorials in the File Library, with only links and comments in the forum? I have seen no warnings that the library is becoming overloaded.Tom, moderators, anyone....?John

Luis, you and others have written many excellent tutorials, in large part thanks to generous use of graphics. Indeed, it's no easy task to write a clear and concise explanation of a complex technical subject without relying on visual aids.If Avsim is serious about supporting a Tutorial System, I will stick my neck out and suggest the graphics be regarded as an essential part that should be retained indefinitely. If that is an unreasonable burden on the data storage capacity in the forums, then how about putting the tutorials in the File Library, with only links and comments in the forum? I have seen no warnings that the library is becoming overloaded.Tom, moderators, anyone....?John
The images that were in Luis' original tutorial were on the old forum system, which was wiped as everyone knows. The tutorial system supports the use of images, and Luis should be able to edit and upload the images to the tutorial system where they will remain permanently linked to the tutorial. Luis, give it a go and if you have problems, let me know.

Thank you very much for your reply, Tom. I had taken a look when the Tutorial section was announced and could not find a way to place images other than through an external link:There does not seem to be an attachments editor like the one in the forum system:I thought that the ibPhotohost might be an interesting option if that were some way to cache images permanently and then link to them. But that menu item has not worked for me.Best regards.Luis

The images that were in Luis' original tutorial were on the old forum system, which was wiped as everyone knows. The tutorial system supports the use of images, and Luis should be able to edit and upload the images to the tutorial system where they will remain permanently linked to the tutorial. Luis, give it a go and if you have problems, let me know.
Thanks, Tom for the clarification. The tutorial system is a welcome addition to the Avsim forums. Should eventually consolidate a lot of helpful info that is now scattered far and wide.John

Okay Luis, give it another try. There are way too many switches and knobs on this control panel. Rolling%20Eyes.gif