Sign in to follow this  
Vulcan

need help with airfile for PSS airbus

Guest gooper

just wanted to know if anyone has had any success playing around with the airfile for the PSS airbus to fix the tendency of this otherwise good aricraft to NOT climb like a rocket - 7000-8000 fpm!!is the Project airbus airfile any better and how does it work with the PSS apnel??

yep,i have the same problem, even on Clb2 it does climb very fast and with good speed. I have the problem of approachs, my FMC says Flap 30 with a landing speed of 165kts with 726 Gross weight, but the problem is if i slow down to that speed on approach with that flap setting, the plane stalls and i crash a few NM from the runway, i have to keep the speed up and land at ~180kts with a flap 5 or 10 at most,the other problem is that sometimes the loc captures and sometimes it doesnt, i press the LOC button for the localiser then when the diamond starts coming down i press the APP button, then the LOC illuminated goes off and then the plane comes down properly with the APP but i land off course because it hasnt picked up the localiser properly.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Guest jase439

It's a problem with the pitch controller actually. Right click on the INIT button in the MCDU - this will bring up an undocumented A/P tuning screen. Press Next Page a couple time until you see a section for controlling airspeed with pitch. Change the max controller acceleration from 2.0 to 0.4 (on the 319) or 0.6 (for the 320 or 321). This will elicit a much gentler response from the autopilot and should prevent the wild nose pitching on climbout.I also recommend that you go to the page on turn rates and change the max/min roll accel/decel from 8 and 10 to 6 and 8 respectively.There's a number of posts on this subject in the PSS forum.Cheers,J

are you talking about the INIT REF button in the FMC? Cause i "right" click that and nothing happens.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Clayton,Use the INIT button on the keypad not the LSK.

Guest juan_v

HiCan you make this changes permanent and if yes, how???Thanks