Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Egbert Drenth

Captain Sim 757?

Hi,Captain Sim has lowered their prices considerably, so the FS2004 Pro-pack and F-block cost now 20 euri together.Is it worth the 20 euri?Captain doesn't have a splendid track record so to say...I have the both CS727 and the Hercules. The 727 is regarding the flight model a total disaster, regarding graphics there is simply no better.But this is true for almost all CS releases. Graphics wise the very best, everything else a lot worse.So how is the 757? Worth the 20 bugs? (incl. FMC)Egbert

IMHO when Captain sim offered the free trial of the 757, I still didn't think it was worth it.The model is the ONLY thing worth it's weight .

Pity to hear that. I'm quite impressed by it (I boguht it over some time ago, but haven't flown it a lot), but I have started doubting. I have been looking at the PSS one, and Qualitywings is also making a 757. It may be good to just wait and see what the competition gives you. CS will have more of these sales, so it might be wortwhile looking into the PSS 757, although you won't be getting official support.

I would go for the PSS one, if you prefer better FDE. The systems are pretty well simulated and it has a good CDU.The only downside is that you cannot separate the 2D panel and the VC, if of course this matters to you.

The only downside is that you cannot separate the 2D panel and the VC, if of course this matters to you.
True, but it merges fine with the Posky model.As for the Captain Sim product, the price is now very tempting: 9.99 euro fr the FS9 version!However, I made a thorough forum reading last night and I may pass it for the following reasons:- old navdata and no Navigraph cooperation at the moment- no key assignment (a no go for me)!- low FPS- some CTDs while using FMC- no wing views when in 2D cockpitThough the price... hmmm....

Guest 5012SFG

I received the FS9 Pro Pack as a gift and have this to say about it. Allow me to preface by saying that I understand my opinion will be the dissenting one and I realize most will not believe it, but it is what it is.This product is very nice overall and is one that I am quite happy with keeping and flying. The systems are all modeled rather nicely as far as FS9 allows, the visuals are some of the best I've seen, the flight dynamics seem fair (no real world experience to compare to) and the plane flies quite pleasantly by hand, the sounds are loud and have that characteristic 757 growl, and the fps are quite acceptable compared to other popular high end simulations.I have not experienced the fuel flow and burn issues others do, fuel burn rates appear to be perfectly fine (meaning I cannot go from New York to Hong Kong with 15% fuel load as others have suggested), the VNAV acts completely appropriately with 2000-3000 fpm climbs, the navdata may not be the latest but I have not had issues as far as not being able to properly load a realistic flight plan, and the FPS stay at 24 (locked at 24) on the ground at ImagineSim's KATL, all sliders right, AS6 weather, 100% AI traffic, and 8xS AA and 16xAF. The only issue, if you want to call it that, that I have encountered is the LNAV likes to initiate turns to the next waypoints a touch early and it does not stray from the course that much and quickly corrects.I'm not trying to boast that this product "works" for me when it does not for others, I am simply trying to lend my findings one this issue. I've used just about every other complex, high end simulation out there including the Leonardo Maddog, Wilco Airbus, PMDG's offerings, and many others and have no qualms about placing the Captain Sim 757 in the same league. Plus at ~$13US it was quite the bargain.

Pity to hear that. I'm quite impressed by it (I boguht it over some time ago, but haven't flown it a lot), but I have started doubting. I have been looking at the PSS one, and Qualitywings is also making a 757. It may be good to just wait and see what the competition gives you. CS will have more of these sales, so it might be wortwhile looking into the PSS 757, although you won't be getting official support.
You will. If you buy from JF, they will give you technical support on their particular installation {which BTW resolved couple of silly bugs remaining in the last PSS download}. Any other support is available on the PSS forum here from folks who were providing support when PSS was alive.John R