Sign in to follow this  
N820RS

MD-11 Landing Lights

Hi all, just wondering if anyone knows a fix to this. It seems as though the landing lights have an odd light below it. The picture below shows what I am talking about. It is the little oval light under the main lights. I know the picture may be hard to see, but from different angles it tends to be more noticable. lights1u.jpgAny help/fix would be great.

Isn't it some kind of reflection from the body of the airplane?

Hi all, just wondering if anyone knows a fix to this. It seems as though the landing lights have an odd light below it. The picture below shows what I am talking about. It is the little oval light under the main lights. I know the picture may be hard to see, but from different angles it tends to be more noticable. lights1u.jpgAny help/fix would be great.

Active Sky Graphics has an option to change the halo.bmp so, that it mimicks a reflection on the ground.Unfortunately this also affect aircraft lights.Install the original halo.bmp again and it is gone.Alex

Excellent. Thanks a lot for the help. That did indeed work. :) :)

Active Sky Graphics has an option to change the halo.bmp so, that it mimicks a reflection on the ground.Unfortunately this also affect aircraft lights.Install the original halo.bmp again and it is gone.Alex
i have the same problem.Where is the original halo.bmp and which file does it replace and where is that file?Thanks in advanceAndrew

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

Andrew,ASX Graphics creates a backup of all textures it replaces. Have a look in their support forum here.But there are also plenty of replacements in the file library.E.g. the airport enviroment update in the library that contains the halo.bmp.I don't know why most addon developers have to mess with this poor little texture that is used for almost all lights in FS. Sorry for not being able to help more.Alex