Sign in to follow this  

looking for a flightplanner

Greetings fellow simmers!I would like to know if there is a good freeware flightplanner out there which will allow you to import the plan into the sim and then can use the plan in asa and radarcontact as i need a bit of change and im a little broke at the minute. Any links or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all chris

Chris Howard

Guest iberia999

If your using an addon like World of AI, or SKAi Traffic, or Project AI, where your airports are crowded, it's not a good idea to use a website for flight planning.You will not be able to request taxiing when having 100% traffic on FS. So whenever you want to do an IFR flight, you will have to use the default FS9 flight planner.Let me tell you something, I currently only fly the PMDG MD-11, PMDG 747-400, Wilco 737 Series, and the PSS A320 series, and guess what flight planner I use all the time??????? :( The Default One in FS9!!! :( What you have to do is use the IFR planning mode in FS and set it to high altitude. Remember to park your plane at the departure airport. Also, I would recommend that you increase your altitude by what you judge would be a good altitude. FS will always give you a cruising altitude between FL260 and FL290. If your doing a 600NM flight you would go with FL330 or with FL360 or FL300, but for shorter routes, just use your logic for the altitude. B) Mostly, the FMC will always give you an optimal Flight Level for cruising when setting it in the Initial Reference Page. So you can always request it to ATC when climbing B) If you would like to then view your waypoints of your generated route that FS9 Flight Planner made for you, then just simple hit the details button and you will be able to view all waypoints. Then just add them all into your FMC!!! :(

If your using an addon like World of AI, or SKAi Traffic, or Project AI, where your airports are crowded, it's not a good idea to use a website for flight planning.You will not be able to request taxiing when having 100% traffic on FS. So whenever you want to do an IFR flight, you will have to use the default FS9 flight planner.Let me tell you something, I currently only fly the PMDG MD-11, PMDG 747-400, Wilco 737 Series, and the PSS A320 series, and guess what flight planner I use all the time??????? :( The Default One in FS9!!! :( What you have to do is use the IFR planning mode in FS and set it to high altitude. Remember to park your plane at the departure airport. Also, I would recommend that you increase your altitude by what you judge would be a good altitude. FS will always give you a cruising altitude between FL260 and FL290. If your doing a 600NM flight you would go with FL330 or with FL360 or FL300, but for shorter routes, just use your logic for the altitude. B) Mostly, the FMC will always give you an optimal Flight Level for cruising when setting it in the Initial Reference Page. So you can always request it to ATC when climbing B) If you would like to then view your waypoints of your generated route that FS9 Flight Planner made for you, then just simple hit the details button and you will be able to view all waypoints. Then just add them all into your FMC!!! :(
Thankyou for your deatailed reply, i think your probably right there. With regards to cruise altitude i go by a set of real world flightplans by pete king that give you cruise alt,flight number,dep time,dep airport and aircraft type so i'll stick to your advise and use the default flightplanner. cheers

Chris Howard