Sign in to follow this  
Guest cw1011

FS2004.....

Guest dek

Hi all, Does anyone know if FS2002 planes and scenery, etc. will be usable in FS2004?Is there a dramatic difference with the coding? The engine?Thanks, dek

Hi, It have been said in avsim preview and Ms official web site about the Compatibility. Aircraft and scenery created for Flight Simulator 2000 and later work with Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004, provided the developer followed the guidelines in the Flight Simulator SDK.You will use previous addons for couple of month and you will start to download fs2004 3rd party add-ons after with the full capability from fs2004, such as clickable virtual cockpit, new AI traffic thats use the latest capability from fs2004 etc etc..Most aircraft, scenery,weather, utility addons will be updated for or redone for fs2004 like each release of Msfs etc."Is there a dramatic difference with the coding? The engine?"From whats I have seen not dramatic except the weather/environement, and they have optimized much more the code than they have did with fs2002, for better performance. They use the core Worldwide scenery with the 3D terrain and auto-gen objects from fs2002. there is others improvement such as Atc and AI Traffic etc..About specific details, you have to wait or only have it installed and see..ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest cast1010

Hi Chris, You really sound like you are inside the Microsoft team somehow...Most of the things you've said are in the FS-COF web page and in some reviews here in AVSIM and others, but there are others things that either I've missed or haven't been published to the general "public".Don't get me wrong, I DO beleive all you have said, for me you are the "unoficial" FS-COF's spokeman :-lol . I was just curious to know how much "inside" are you in all these FS-COF stuff.Best regards, Carlos.

Carlos, "Don't get me wrong, I DO beleive all you have said, for me you are the "unoficial" FS-COF's spokeman "You don't need to beleive me :-lol it's ok, the original information are from whats avsim, flight sim, simflight and the official ms web site reports in their own preview, screenshots and interview. If the information are wrong then you can tell those web site reports where confusing and wrong and for the futur do not trust them anymore, in most of the case, the information where reliable and good enought. There is alway good and bad in any product. Most of the anomalie or wrong implemented feature/problems in sim, you will have to found them by your self and reported here what's you like or not like..There is many question that's are repeated/confusing and many new simmers never saw the previous info.... All info are are here: http://fsw.simflight.com/fs2k4.htmlThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest cw1011

At the AVSIM conference the Microsoft FS Team lead spoke:1. Planes from FS2000 will work in FS20022. COF shares the same basic graphics engine as FS2002 - clearly there have been adjustments to both the weather generator and the ground textures, but they have not come up with a whole new way to generate the underlying mesh and the textures on top. 3. CFS3 uses a different graphics engine - one that is maximized for down low flying as required by the attack aircraft theme this time around. Don't look at CFS3 screen captures and immediatly assume that COF will look like that.