Sign in to follow this  
hakan737

National Day celebration and Children's day

We have celebrated our one of National day at 23rd of April, which is 89th. year of founded Turkish Parliament as known as in Turkish People "The Grand National Assembly of Turkey". It was a critical mile stone in our Independence War between 1919 to 1923. When Parliament founded 23rd.april of 1920, our Independence war has began officially and all Turkish people came together for fighting, It was mean of a new country is born. After declared of Turkey Republic (29thOct.1923), 23rd of april has been accepted Natiaonal Sovereignty Day and also has been dedicated to Turkish Childrens. It was a gift from our great leader,first President Mustafa Kemal Ataturk.Because he believed to childrens to be future of young Turkish Republic's beyond and childrens always remembers to us "young" of our Republic even past of years.As far, 23rd April is the first official Childrens Days by celebrating goverment level.Celebratings has been performing "international" since 1979 and TRT-Turkish Radio and Television Assc. has been organised a festive in celebrating week for hunderets childrens who they are comes from whole of the world.In this year, we lived a different spirit in our Flightsim hobby by dedicated of National day and Children's day. Our great flightsim community partner IVAO's Turkey division invited their childrens and shared the cockpits with young (future) first officers while performing 23rd April National Day Celebration events. I'd like to congratulate IVAO Turkey staff for their wonderful organisation and expressive behaviour about sharing his hobbies in a special day with their kids. Young boy and girls were succesfull provide to his/her fathers as "first officers".Not a joke, they were flew,they have communicate with air traffic contollers (sometimes they were more serious than big boys!), they have fun, they were enjoyed flew with his/her fathers. Participants boys and girls may would be pilot in future and probably they remembered this day "everything has began in a 23.April day, we flew with my father on -aged- computer with FlightSimulator...ahh yes once upon times they called Flightsimulator which was very basic simulator not like thats 2030s!" :)Once again, thank you IVAO Turkey staff for sharing their hobbies with the precious kids.Parents and childrens were shared amateur spirit of aviaiton together.here you are a few pictures of the most enjoyed night with kids;Ece is doughter of Hakan Sivrikaya. She looks like a pilot in future, isn't?ece.jpgGizem is doughter of Goktug Kayis. She is ready to takeoff already! :)23042009315copyv.jpgMeric is on the way his father Gurol Ustaomeroglu.I'm sure he captured by flying spirit.cimg18561.jpgDerin is on duty with his father Bogac Erkan.His proud seen on the face.P1010015.JPG

Guest RonB49

Thank you for telling us about your country's history. I know little about Turkey although I knew some Turkish students who were attending classes in this country. I hope that all US citizens realize how important a friend like Turkey is to us.It sounds as if you had a successful celebration; congratulations.R-Ron BroylesSan Antonio TX USA

Guest fullstoplanding

Thank you for sharing this interesting information about your country. And may I add, the children in the pictures are so handsome and pretty.Roger

I somehow missed this post, probably because I don't check out the hangar forum as often as the other ones.Our nations founder rightfully put a lot faith in our youth and aviation. In addition, Turkey's first female pilot Sabiha Gokcen (Istanbul's secondary airport is named after her: LTFJ) was Ataturk's adoptive daughter. Today our national airlines, airforce and army aviation has many succesful female pilots which I like believe was Ataturk and Gokcen's legacy.I was very happy to see this post so thank you Hakan, it's always good to see a fellow LT.. here on Avsim :( as we are not many on the forums. I'm also very glad to see a few members of our young generation attracted to FS and therefore aviation.Best regards and happy landings to those kids!