Sign in to follow this  
Ant1981

Flight plan altitude

I have a flight plan from EGTG to EIDW, cruise altitude is FL260, so why does radar contact keep saying that the cruise is 3,000 feet? I've got the same flight plan loaded into RC, this isn't very good.

I deleted the plan and created another, still was odd as there was a flight level in the plan.

I deleted the plan and created another, still was odd as there was a flight level in the plan.
what number are you entering as your cruise altitude?if you are still having a problem, create a .log, instructions pinned to the top of the forum. start rc, click debug, load your .pln, click start rc.duplicate the problem, and send me the .loghave you flown the tutorials yet?jd

what number are you entering as your cruise altitude?if you are still having a problem, create a .log, instructions pinned to the top of the forum. start rc, click debug, load your .pln, click start rc.duplicate the problem, and send me the .loghave you flown the tutorials yet?jd
Altitude as I said above.Seems to have been sorted by deleting and re creating.

Altitude as I said above.Seems to have been sorted by deleting and re creating.
i know what you said the altitude was. i wanted to know what number you entered. 27000, 2700, 270, 27, 2, etc.jd

Well, as the flight plan had FL260 in it, I put FL260 in the plan. RC is meant to get the cruise alt from the flight plan, like it always does.I'm using FS Commander for flight planning, using flight levels for IFR.

I'm not familiar with FSC. In the RC window it should show the altitude in feet and it should be that way in the .pln file thus FL260 in the .pln file should show as 26000 feet. Look at your .pln file with notepad.

Well, as the flight plan had FL260 in it, I put FL260 in the plan. RC is meant to get the cruise alt from the flight plan, like it always does.I'm using FS Commander for flight planning, using flight levels for IFR.

you put in "FL260"?into RC?that would explain it. 26000 please.jd

you put in "FL260"?into RC?that would explain it. 26000 please.jd
No, that doesn't explain it, as that's not what I said.I said that in the flight planner, I put in FL260.How can Flight Level 260 be altitude 3,000 feet?I do not enter a flight plan in RC, I load a saved flight plan in the same way that I always have done. Doing it in the same way as I always have done is the reason I questioned this, as RC was doing something rather odd.As I said before, I deleted the plan and re created it, in the same way with the same information and FL260 was back into RC, or 26,000 as seen on the RC start up screen.

No, that doesn't explain it, as that's not what I said.I said that in the flight planner, I put in FL260.How can Flight Level 260 be altitude 3,000 feet?I do not enter a flight plan in RC, I load a saved flight plan in the same way that I always have done. Doing it in the same way as I always have done is the reason I questioned this, as RC was doing something rather odd.As I said before, I deleted the plan and re created it, in the same way with the same information and FL260 was back into RC, or 26,000 as seen on the RC start up screen.
without knowledge of how your planner handles altitudes, but if you were to enter FL260 into a field that was expecting a number, i can see where it might make it 260. if i were to see 260 as a cruise altitude, i probably would make it 3000, depending on msa, and other things.as long as you enter the altitudes correctly in the flight planner, and double check them on the controller's screen, i think you will be ok.jd

without knowledge of how your planner handles altitudes, but if you were to enter FL260 into a field that was expecting a number, i can see where it might make it 260. if i were to see 260 as a cruise altitude, i probably would make it 3000, depending on msa, and other things.as long as you enter the altitudes correctly in the flight planner, and double check them on the controller's screen, i think you will be ok.jd
They've always been entered in correctly in exactly the same way as always. Infact, you don't get a choice in this IFR flight planner between flight level and altitude. 'FL' is the title to the side of a menu choice, three digits with up and down arrows for you to click until you get the desired flight level you wish to plan for. Considering that it was a saved plan that I've used several times, it seems odd that at this one time RC didn't see the altitude as filed in the flight plan.Hopefully it won't happen again.