Sign in to follow this  
Guest cwright

New FS2K4 Screenshots

Dont know about the rain, its quite hard to tell. It looks like the taxi way textures to me. If that had been a movie clip then we would have known for sure. I dont think it would be that difficult to have rain effects on the ground though but then you know what, if they had rain effects on the ground then people would be complaining that they cant see the rain bouncing off the plane or the wings.Im one for talking though after complaining about the shadow but they are quite small things.One thing Id love to see though is to see your own shadow of your plane from the cockpit when you take off. In external view you can see the planes shadow but Im not sure why in internal or VC view you cant see it. Anyway for me thats not the end of the world stuff. Looking at FS2004 as it stands now Im really looking forward to it and if the weather is anything like the weather in FU3 which it seems to be with even better clouds though of course then Im really looking forward to it and also having the better AI and ATC.Craig Kiltie

Looks like Oshkosh (compare with MS' extra scenery they released when the event was on there).

Siggy Schwarz

Actually you could be right about that.Just looking at that picture again and now Ive just noticed some buildings going straight across the highway...Anyway well observed.

Hey Gang!Did you all notice that the Dallas/Ft. Worth Intl. (KDFW) airport now looks like a real, decent airport in FS2004? I'd buy the program just for that!!!! I'm happy now. Unfortunately, Simflyer's, as nice as it is, it's a fluidity HOG in my high end system. I'm looking forward to this!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

"Please remember although these screenshots looks awesome, ibet the sliders are on max,and what percentage of the Flight Sim population fly all thetime with *all* the sliders on max?not me..."I do! No other alternative in my mind I am a VFR flyer and the visual scenery is very important.Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

I'm really impressed with what they've done with sunlight and lighting in general. The lighting consistently looks very very realistic. Whether it's the shine on a bright surface, a water reflection or just an object brightly lighted in direct sunlight. The ground shadows (if we can handle them) are really convincing too.I too would like to see the aircraft shadows disappear when it's overcast, but aside from that I think these shots look very lifelike.Jeff

Guest ssurjap

I agree with you there. Mine won't be because I don't have the most powerful system.Steve

Guest Pardue802

From someone who actually has the opportunity to fly VFR sunset/sunrise type flights, are these pictures looking like an accurate sunset/sunrise? They look to have so much friggin' pink in them I want to strangle myself with stuffed animals or something. Kind of reminds me of the ridiculous sunset/sunrise effects in Fly! 2. It's cool that everything reflects the sun and colors the clouds and all, but is it really that pink? I'm less than astounded by that. BUT... the water in the sunset/sunrise shots? WOAH BABY. Saving Grace.Also, notice in the VC for pic #7 and others... still no nose to the airplane in VC mode. Guess they did this again to save on performance, but it just looks like someone chopped the airplane off promptly after the dashboard.One thing that I'm afraid that we're going to see again is lousy winter textures. Now, I've never really flown up north in the winter time (I'm a Southerner true and true), but I'm pretty sure that the ground doesn't appear white if it's not snowing. Seems like everything up north, Chicago especially comes to mind, is in an eternal snow storm in the winter. Again, from someone who knows, could you correct me on this? HOWEVER, I'll give FS-ACoF the benefit of the doubt in that the only shots I see the white blanket are the shots in which it's actually snowing.Other than those few details... I'm absolutely blown away with these shots! Now that MS is showing off some scenery shots and the realism improvements done to the textures and autogen, I don't even want to open up FS2002. Just want to uninstall it now, wait for FS-ACoF, and call everything prior sacriledge. Pic #6 is incredible... realistic ground with a clearly defined multilane highway complete with on- and off-ramps. It's almost like they took the TerraScene concept and made FS render it on the fly! (I'm sure you could find a pun in there somewhere).The snow and rain are both incredible also. It no longer seems like rain is flying toward the aircraft through a narrow tunnel (which the airplane promplty flies out of if it's in a turn). Very impressive.Again though, just not impressed with either the AutoGen or the sky effects in the sunset/sunrise shots. Doesn't "feel" realistic at all.Ken

Hi Mike, "....could it be that perspective attention in 3D is now being given to the size and direction of movement of snowflakes - see pic 18? "This snow, rain and weather have been talked about in preview..-Rain can range from heavy rain to misty fog while -Snow now appears with flakes of different sizes and dimensions. Ms have now 4 time the amount of particle compare to fs2002..-New weather implementation. -Mapping cloud types to real world atmospheric physics.-Volumetric cloud types that build and dissipate -These are selected dynamically by the simulator as you fly through -changing weather conditions.-The dynamic sky colors system, new rain, snow and lightning effects, -Cloud density vary with altitude, air density, temperature and dew -point. Transparency changes as you fly through clouds-Also cloud colors change with time-of-day producing dazzling dawn and sunset effects. -The sky also darkens as you reach higher altitudes. -The sky color change according to the season and time. ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Hi, " just not impressed with either the AutoGen "So you have never like the autogen in fs2002 either, it's depend on your preference, most simmers like them in fs2002 and from these shots compare to fs2002, trees tlooks less triangle/cartonish and more "puffy" trees improved.."From someone who actually has the opportunity to fly VFR sunset/sunrise type flights, are these pictures looking like an accurate sunset/sunrise? They look to have so much friggin' pink in them I want to strangle myself with stuffed animals or something. Kind of reminds me of the ridiculous sunset/sunrise effects in Fly! 2. It's cool that everything reflects the sun and colors the clouds and all, but is it really that pink? I'm less than astounded by that. BUT... the water in the sunset/sunrise shots? WOAH BABY. Saving Grace."It can be confusing, you are refering in one shots only in particular but not the fs2004 sky system, the sky color change according to the season and time, it is not the only one sunset type color is available in fs2004..From the preview and you can see in differents shot, color type change according to the season, time, go see here you will see differents sun set colors with not pink.See this video subtile orange yellow sunset..http://simmarket.com/special/Lockheed_Vega.WMV http://www.flightsim.com/notams03/acof/vega_3t.jpgAnother one._http://www.flightsim.com/notams03/acof/lear03s.jpg_ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest Pardue802

Thanks for the feedback, Chris. I've got to admit, having that added randomness that the sunset/sunrise are determined by other factors other than just one-for-all is amazing. I'm much more impressed with the increased orange in the video and lear screenshots. I think that's really what's missing from these clouds.As far as the Autogen, my comment about not being impressed with it was specifically referring to the sunset/sunrise pics and the way they interact with the light and environment.I was blown away by the introduction of the default AutoGen in FS02, and am equally blown away with the improvements they've made for ACoF. While they do look much more impressive, I still sense some of that 'cartoonishness' that you refer to in them. I think it's something to do with the way the autogen interacts with the ground (specifically shots 14 and 15). Not sure. But nonetheless, I'm quite impressed.Thanks again for the feedback!

Hi, "I think it's something to do with the way the autogen interacts with the ground (specifically shots 14 and 15). Not sure. But nonetheless, I'm quite impressed."The real problem with trees, it's because they are created with 4 side like this + see below attach , each 4 side of the trees have texture, the performance is an issue, so they will look paper and cartonish, the only way to have greats tress, they should be volumetric or simply trees thats turn according to the aircraft like the clouds in fs2002 :-lol

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

>looks like they have improved the road textures immensely,>from just a grey strip accross the countryside,that was my impression too however it is possible we are looking at the edge of one of the high resolution areas where roads were always very good, photo-good.Michael J.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Hi Michael J"it is possible we are looking at the edge of one of the high resolution areas where roads were always very good, photo-good"If you look on others shots, the road remains the same like fs2002, maybe only improved the texture little bit, but maybe the data have been improved for the road..ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Hi, Another improvement. Did you notice the rounded corners on the the taxiways?. See the taxiway texture blend to the ground and very round shape compare to the cutted texture in fs2002 and see the lights how they are more contrast compare to fs2002, they probably fix all the dim taxi lights problems in fs2002.These shots are the 2 first one.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis