Sign in to follow this  
Guest cwright

New FS2K4 Screenshots

Guest Pabra

And after all; a dc3 with a vc :-)! The one by J. Visser got cancelled :-(And it actually looks like a dc3 in and out, unlike the 737!Can't wait to be able to do ALL the flying in the vc.

Hate to say this, but wondering if the new weather system simulates tornadoes. :)Dave Vega

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

Numbers three and twenty-six already promised M$ another customer (me :-hah :-lol ) Thats just astonishing. We always want the best, but we should just take a minute to think back where we were a not even more than ten years ago- we should be grateful- and I think most of us are :) . (I hope I didn't sound like a preist :-roll ) Happy Flying Everyone ,Jason :-wave

At the moment I'm hard pressed to find ANY area in FS2002 that MS hasn't improved significantly in FS2004. I'm really impressed by the variety in scenery textures, the autogen, the water, the clouds, the lighting effects, the quality of a/c models... The pitiful cockpits - 2D and virtual - seem to have gone too. Add to that interactive VC's, the new ATC system and the new GPS. This is certainly not just a 'cosmetic' upgrade to FS2002!The proof of the pudding is in the eating though - in this case the flying. But I'm not too worried about that. If the flight models haven't improved, we at least still have a number of wonderful FS2002 aircraft we will be able to use.Paul

Hi Siggy, The road you have seen are in the detailed airports area (photo sat) The road still the same like fs2k2, you can saw them in others fs2004 shots, maybe improved with the texture and data only. Detailed Airports Full 3d airports modeling and photo Sat (in addition to those in FS2002) will include: -Charles de Gaulle (Paris, France) -Narita (New Tokyo Intl) -Dallas-Ft. Worth Intl (Texas) -Miami Intl (Florida) -Denver Intl (Colorado) -Phoenix Sky Harbor Intl (Arizona) -Kennedy Intl (New York) -Princess Juliana Intl (St. Maarten, Netherlands Antilles) -Kingsford Smith Intl (Sydney, Australia) -Schiphol (Amsterdam) -Oshkosh (site of EAA AirVenture in Wisconsin) ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Yep, it's a trailer park alright and it's got 3-d trailers on it.Like somebody else mentioned, that is the special Oskosh scenery MS released some time ago for FS 2002 !!!

It definitely might look so, ground textures look better, but I would be careful proclaiming any breaktrough in textures varities. First the basic size of install would have to increase but it is hovering around the same 1.8 GB number but also what I think might be fooling our eyes is that many of these shots were taken on the boundary between generic and high-res areas looking towards the *outside* which gives you those nice photo-like textures directly underneath and does not reveal true identity of the local scenery. Michael J.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Its not really a trailer park. Those are the EAA grounds at Oshkosh. The "trailers" are RVs and campers. I spent many summer days in my youth at those grounds, and it is great to see them represented so accurately on my flight sim. That is sacred ground to a lot of pilots. The download is at Microsoft.com. Maybe the Oshkosh scenery will be standard on FS2004.

Pic #6 is a high detail area of Oshkosh, Wisconsin. Those are the EAA grounds at Wittman airport. Also there is a small airstrip called pioneer airport behind the EAA museum. This scenery can be downloaded already from Microsoft. I can't tell if the scenery has been improved for 2004. There is an incredible amount of detail already: tents, hangars, aircraft, museum, etc. You would need to be right down in it to notice any improvement.As for the snow on the ground, I lived about 10 miles north of Oshkosh for 20 years, and I have experienced more than my share of snow. After the snow would fall it would remain untill spring. The winter ground textures look to be right on the money to me.

In pic #35, you can see the nose of the a/c from the VC.

Eric 

Guest Joshieca

Shows some promise, the airports now with gates? Can it be true for all or just a select few? The other thing that still concerns me, that dam horizon line. In all of the picts where you can see the horizon in the distance, you can still see a line where the clouds end and don't come down to the horizon. Please someone tell me that they have fixed this in FS2004??[div align=center][link:www.jetdoc.com/STO/]Visit The Bookstore & Gift Shoppe][/b

Guest cwright

>On the downside, I also note evidence of delayed ground>texture catchup in pic 5 - you know, the familiar blurring>until the high res textures pop into view .... Hi, Mike, Yes, I noticed that, too. It looks like a classic case of dynamic blurred textures - though nowhere near as bad as I often see on my system. Also in all the shots the textures in the mid-distance do look generally blurred, which is disappointing. Someone on another forum stated several weeks ago that the blurred texture problem would be fixed in the final version, though the fix wasn't in the current beta. As a long-standing dyna-blurs sufferer I certainly hope that's true! But overall I must say that this batch of screenshots looks very good indeed. Best regards, Chris Wright