Sign in to follow this  
kttd

scenery global texture problem

Howdy all. Normally I back up every original file in FSX, however apparently I neglected to do this for the scenery global texture directory.I recently added an enhancement download from AVSIM into this directory and it's creating lot's of visual problems.My question, does anyone think that using the repair function of the FSX CD will replace the original files for me and hopefully prevent the need to re-install?I shudder even thinking about a re-install.Thanks to all.

Howdy all. Normally I back up every original file in FSX, however apparently I neglected to do this for the scenery global texture directory.I recently added an enhancement download from AVSIM into this directory and it's creating lot's of visual problems.My question, does anyone think that using the repair function of the FSX CD will replace the original files for me and hopefully prevent the need to re-install?I shudder even thinking about a re-install.Thanks to all.
A repair install should replace the original files and fix your problem.

The Repair function will not check either the size or the date of files, only their name. So, if the replacement files that you have installed have the same names as the default files, and they do because they would not work otherwise, then Repair will not do anything for you.Unless, that is, you remove either the replaced files or that entire folder from the FS directory, in which case the Repair function will place the default files back in.Best regards.Luis

Many thanks for the advice. I reinstalled due to some other issues.Cheers,Dave

What problems did you have with the textures?I installed them last night and they seem to be fine.I haven't used them enought to notice a difference in performance or appearance yet.Thanks,Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

Ron, I'm speaking with Tom about some issues. Perhaps you could send him an email as well if you find problems.1) flying out of Whidbey Island NAS towards the carrier group, the cruiser texture was messed up.2) Ayers Rock in Australia was messed up until the deletion of the enhancement textures.3) flying in NZ or Australia some of the tree vegetation has black halo's.Unrelated to the enhancement textures, I'm also having a texture problem with the AIG RPLL download. Vehicle parking textures disappearing and ground textures near the runway flashing in and out. Regards,Dave

I am using GEX North America.Do these textures replace any of those?I don't want to lose my GEX textures.Thanks,Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.