Sign in to follow this  
Guest dougwells

Saving a Flight

Guest dougwells

Usually when I save a flight, I want to save the day/time/weather the way I set up the flight I am saving. However, sometimes I want the flight to load the current date & time. Is there a way to do this.ThanksDoug

Guest PPSFA
Usually when I save a flight, I want to save the day/time/weather the way I set up the flight I am saving. However, sometimes I want the flight to load the current date & time. Is there a way to do this.ThanksDoug
Sure, after you load the flight go to the 'Date and Time' option and change it.

Guest dougwells

Thanks Jay. I should have clarified that I know I can do this by going back and resetting the day/time. I'd like to do have the flight COME UP INITIALLY with the current date and time. Any ideas? Is there a section in the .flt that I could modify after saving or is there another way to do this without reloading scenery, etc.

Thanks Jay. I should have clarified that I know I can do this by going back and resetting the day/time. I'd like to do have the flight COME UP INITIALLY with the current date and time. Any ideas? Is there a section in the .flt that I could modify after saving or is there another way to do this without reloading scenery, etc.
Doug,"a section in the .flt" ??Of course! How else would it know when you saved the flight...about 2/3 of the way down (after the GPS block - if there is one - and before the panel sections){DateTimeSeason}Season=SummerYear=2000Day=186Hours=6Minutes=0Seconds=5You can set your LOCAL time here; I do it all the time.Don't overlook a few other things like altitude and heading if you're in flight or paused.And you can change the scenery levels, range, ai traffic, etc in the FSX.cfg before you start also.Loyd

Guest PPSFA

This is driving me nuts cause I cant find it now, but I remember seeing somewhere an option to set to local time in FSX. I've never tried it with saved flights, I just manually change the time, but its there somewhere.

Guest dougwells

OK, we are getting close. I bet someone comes up the solution tonight or tomorrow.Is it possible to do something like this.....Is there a command to make all of these local time/season?{DateTimeSeason}Season =LOCALYear =LOCALDay =LOCALHours =LOCALMinutes =LOCALSeconds =LOCAL

I may be wrong, and if so someone will no doubt correct me, but...The reason a saved flight saves the date and time you created with it is on purpose. It allows you to set the parameters of the saved flight the way you want them. In other words, if I wanted to set up an IFR approach at NIGHT, and the saved flight DIDN'T load the night time settings I made with it, the saved flight would be useless to me. I'd have to manually change the time after I loaded it.There IS a way to make a saved flight load with your System Time, but as far as I know you can only do it with ONE saved flight at a time. If you make the saved flight your DEFAULT flight, and you have FSX set up to use your System Time, when that default flight loads, it will use your computer's current date and time.The OTHER way to do it:1. Load the saved flight.2. Go to the World\Time and Seasons menu option in the top menu bar.3. You will notice the flight shows the Date and Time it was CREATED in the calendar image. That might be months ago, dependin on when you created it. To get to your current system date and time with the flight, simply click on the "Restore" button (the button might say "Reset" instead...I don't have FSX loaded right now and honestly don't remember the name on the button) on that calendar screen. FSX will load the current date and time for your saved flight then. There should be no need to "manually" have to enter any of the Season, Month, Day, Hour, Minute, or Second entries to get to your "current" system time.Hope this helps. It's not a "total" solution to your problem, but the easiest and only work-around I know of for getting a saved flight (that isn't your default flight) to use your current System date\time. FalconAF

Rick Ryan

Guest dougwells

I can see why my request seems so strange. I started simming about 18 months ago and have always used my saved flights to save situations just as you describe...want night IFR, low ceiling/vis, etc.Two factors have caused me to want to save current date/time on a saved flight.- I just started using VATSIM a week ago and they require (for obvious reasons) that I be on current date/time.- I bought the Flight1 Mustang. Love the plan but it doesn't save past flight plans in their G1000. Loads from the FSX flight plan or manually.So if I want to fly VATSIM and not manually enter my flightplan, it is easiest to just have the flight load with current date/time.I guess there is a third reason which is that I have never defragged my hard drive and it take 5 minutes plus to reload once I change date/time. I know, I know. In fact, I'm going to download the free trial of O&O defrag tonight and see if that cuts my reload time materially. If I could reload in a minute or two, it would not be an issue.Thanks Again,Doug