Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest brannigan

PMDG 747-400 'wig wag' on runway after landing

I am sure I have seen the solution to this problem somewhere but, sorry, I can't remember where!After landing the PMDG 747-400 and taxiing to the end of the runway, the a/c wants to ' wig wag' instead of obeying my turn commands.Can any pilot please advise the solution ?The auto pilot is off thanks Don

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I also turn off the flight directors and waggle the stick left/right to centralise the ailerons... seems to help. Possibly autorudder? I find it does still waggle a bit at low loads but steers ok, just need to keep an eye on it. (or a hand lol)John Ellison

Yes, you need to disconnect the A/P and the flight directors after touching down and after you slow to a reasonable ground speed. It's an FS ILS thing that makes the plane "wig wag" like that. I usually do it after I disengage the reversers.

Thanks for your input, Guys.Encase any other pilot has this problem........I have found the official explanation which qualifies what you have said... "After performing an autoland you must disconnect the autopilot after slowing down. The PMDG 747 uses the runway's localizer signal to hold the centerline while in ROLLOUT mode. Due to an MSFS limitation, this signal can become eratic further down the runway. The result is that the plane starts pulling to whichever side it thinks it needs to go to to continue following the signal. Once you disengage the AP either by pulling the command bar out or by pressing the yoke switch, the plane should steer normally on the ground".Don